Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chriscpr84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so me and my fiance just bought us a 2007 Tahoe LT. It is really nice and well taken care of. But have a few issues with it I would like to get resolved. It rides very bumpy and when I hit a bump on the interstate the steering wheel does a shimmy. Everybody I talk to says it because of the tires on it but im not to sure. The size Tires are 305/40R22. Thanks in advanced for all the help

-Chris

Damien1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the tires all the same? Do you know if the rims have been balanced correctly? Need to know how many miles are on your truck too.

OP
OP
C

Chriscpr84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is 130,000 Miles on it. There are 3 different tires on it.
Front Passenger Delinte D8 Desert Storm 305/40R22 114V
Front Driver Sailun Atrezzo SVR LX 305/40R22 114V
Back DURUN F-ONE 305/40R22 114V

If that helps any

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's start by getting four matching tires that are of good quality. All the ones you listed are cheapies. I hope this isn't a sign of the previous owner(s) cheaping out in other areas as well.

OP
OP
C

Chriscpr84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok well if you can recommend some good tires I will go next weekend and get them on and see if that fixes the issue.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With 3 different tires I am sure there is 3 different tread depths and maybe even 3 different tire pressures. I tend to lean toward the front suspension/steering having something loose or a combination of 2-3 things loose causing lots of combined looseness. Need the front suspension checked as well by a tech that knows what he is doing.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With 3 different tires I am sure there is 3 different tread depths and maybe even 3 different tire pressures. I tend to lean toward the front suspension/steering having something loose or a combination of 2-3 things loose causing lots of combined looseness. Need the front suspension checked as well by a tech that knows what he is doing.

This is good advice as well.

For tires looks at toyo, Bridgestone, Nitto, Goodyear,....

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also take a look at the front struts and ball joints. Bad struts could cause the wheel hop your experiencing.

sennister

Reaction score
I agree with others. Look at the tires first. A while back I had an Audi A4 and had new tires put on it. I was driving it home from the shop and I could feel something wrong with the car. Went back, turns out they mounted one of the tires (directional) backwards. The popped it off and remounted/balanced and it was back to normal. Granted it was raining a bit which is why I could feel it more but the point is that tires can do strange things if they don't match.

That said, my Father in law had a Yukon XL a couple trucks ago. He put 22s on it and from the day that he did that on that truck rode like crap. Now it was back in 2005 but the truck had about 5000 miles on it when he switched the rims. Winters are ******* our roads so they are really rough but I swore to never own a truck with big rims up here. Our Denali has the OEM 20s which are fine but I don't think I would go much bigger up here.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it also be that they are large, low profile tires and won't have a great ride to begin with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog