Introduction & Current 05 Yukon XL Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Just to give everyone an update, I finally finished the body work. The frame has been pulled and all parts lined up.

I gave the Yukon a good wash and discovered that the dirt was hiding several big dents, scratches, and other small damaged spots... So I did what any logical car loving person on a budget would do... I blew it. I decided to just fix everything and repaint it.

All the imperfections have been fixed and the Yukon is currently resting in the garage wearing a nice coat of primer.

If everything stays on schedule I should be done with it sometime next weekend.

The cowl hood looks badass, but since the paint overhaul blew my budget, I may have to put off aftermarket headlights and taillights for now...

Next time I post I'll have pictures.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Def need some updated pics. Progressing very nicely. :buffer:

I wanted to take some when it was all fixed and with primer on it... But my phone was dead and I didn't have the charger with me.

The Yukon is currently at my dad's house (in my hometown) which is about an hour and 45 mins from my house. It would already be done if I didn't work so much, but I still feel like I'm making really good progress considering the amount of work that was needed. Im really hoping I can get back down there this weekend and finish things up, but in the event I can't, it still shouldn't take any longer than 2 weeks from now.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Also, quick question... Since I have completely blown away my budget on paint, I'm going to have to rock the stock wheels for a while. I'm not sure if I just want to leave them alone or plasti dip them black. What do you guys think?

Here's the ones I have:
s-l225.jpg

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id leave em, but itll be good either way! Btw.. You know that back seat is the older pattern right?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Also, quick question... Since I have completely blown away my budget on paint, I'm going to have to rock the stock wheels for a while. I'm not sure if I just want to leave them alone or plasti dip them black. What do you guys think?

Here's the ones I have:
s-l225.jpg
Me personally as long as the clear coat is good I'd leave em as is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9