Interior plastic cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I seen where members 07-up dash are cracking. I noticed my dash board has two cracks. Which occured within a week. I noticed the two cracks while detailing the yukon this weekend. But one problem I have had, that I haven't read a thread about was the air vents in the rear roof. They have broken, its like if you open and close them more than 15x, one of them will break. At first I thought one of the kid's head maybe done the damage upon entering and exiting. But for one to break where no one sits, meaning no one to open and close that vent as often, has broken. Then also the other day I noticed that one the front vents had broken also. At first I thought the family was being careless when inside the truck, but after seeing the dash, I realized that it JUST CHEAP PLASTIC!

Desert Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No cracking on the dash of my 07 Yukon and I live in Saudi were the temp goes over 50 degrees c in the height of summer.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a GM product, it is going to be cheap plastic. It is just the nature of the beast. They are getting better though.

OP
OP
black on black 07 yukon
Reaction score
You would think for the price that they would have been better built inside. Somethings just should not happen after 2-3 years old.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an Escalade recently and my dad bought a MDX two weeks later, and when it comes to material and build quality, the MDX has my car beat. You can tell just by opening and closing the door, that there was more thought put into it. also the seats are better and more supportive in the acura. I wish it had the acura's build quality, but the escalade has more of a "status" look to it.

vietcu

Reaction score
I too was not too happy when I finally got my truck home and went over the interior. American made cars will learn one day, and it will be soon. Heck they already had to revamp their whole company to stay competitive, so they are going in the right way. Our family has had both American and Japanese made vehicles, and the Japanese by far beat the Americans in interior. But for the love of me I have always been interested in the SUV exterior style of the GM brand. So I guess I will have to live with the crappy interior as long as I am the only seeing it ;). I am more concerned with the vehicle holding up more than the interior anyways, but thought I would chime in on their "cheap plastic" as well.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American made cars aren't necessarily known for their luxury as much as "bigger is better" or "more is better"

"Luxury means better" is still a concept not adopted by many US manufacturers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tali