Blend door actuator won't fully go into last position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to replacing the blend door actuator that controls where the air is going. Did the calibration procedure and cranked things up. However, it seems like it will not go fully into the last position (defrost/foot). When it's in this position, air is still coming out of the dash vents. I took a video of it moving to each position as I push the button and it looks to me like it doesn't fully move into the last position. Now I'm thinking the actuator wasn't actually the problem bc that's exactly what the "broken" one did, too. Any ideas?

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may have figured out what the issue probably is. In the thread I made almost 2 years ago about this problem someone replied with the same thing. Turned out to be something stuck down in the vent from a previously cracked dashboard. I had the same cracked dashboard problem a number of years ago and had it replaced. I bet a leftover piece of the dash finally worked its way into the vent. Now I gotta figure out how to get it out.

Thread: Post in thread 'HVAC mode blend door actuator not working properly' https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ator-not-working-properly.132339/post-1748802

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan