Intellibeam help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. But I hardly use the fog lights...

Broham

Reaction score
Very nice feature. I drove late last night on a part Huntington/Cold Spring Harbor NY.
Lawrence Hill Rd to be exact and is pretty dark, lots of hills and curves.
High beams were working all by them self. When another car was approaching went to low beams. Very cool!
Now! if I only can figured the Forward Collision Alert...

What exactly do you need figuring out with the Forward Collision Alert? Maybe we can help....

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the truck for a month now and it has gone off a few times but what exactly does it do... red light comes on.
It supposed to slow down or just warn you are too close?
Is it when I'm approaching somebody too close or too fast?
It goes off when over passing someone.

Last edited:

Broham

Reaction score
I have the truck for a month now and it has gone off a few times but what exactly does it do... red light comes on.
It supposed to slow down or just warn you are too close?
Is it when I'm approaching somebody too close or too fast?
It goes off when over passing someone.

I too am a fairly new owner and from what I've noticed is that it activates if you're approaching the car in front of you and it doesn't since you've let up on the gas or started braking. The same goes if you are accelerating to make a lane change, because it doesn't know you're getting over, so it only senses you closing in on the vehicle directly in front of you. I don't think it applies the brakes but just flashes and vibrates your seat, to alert you of the potential hazard.

From the Owners Manual

"Forward Collision Alert (FCA) System - If equipped, FCA may help avoid or reduce the harm caused by front-end crashes. FCA provides a green indicator, V, when a vehicle is detected ahead. This indicator displays amber if you follow a vehicle much too closely. When approaching a vehicle ahead too quickly, FCA provides a flashing red alert on the windshield and rapidly beeps or pulses the driver seat."

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if is in my mind but I feel that the brakes apply them self. Not fully but slightly pressure...
Thanks for the info Broham.

Broham

Reaction score
I don't know if is in my mind but I feel that the brakes apply them self. Not fully but slightly pressure...
Thanks for the info Broham.

No problem.

Maybe it does apply the brakes however slightly? Like the Lane Departure correction (that I absolutely hate) when it tries to stir you back into your lane.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front collision avoidance, unless I am mistaken, takes no action other than an alert, unless you are in cruise control mode.

It won't auto brake in other situations unless you have a '17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to test it but I do feel a slightly pull on the brake when that happens(not a full stop) Again could be on my mind and watching too many commercial. (I don't have the adaptive cruise control)
Mines is a latest August 2016 production. Don't know if that makes any difference.

bzpilot

Reaction score
Automatic Braking (originally called Crash Imminent Braking) was introduced in 2015. It requires Adaptive Cruise Control option to be installed in the vehicle, but it (Adaptive Cruise Control) DOESN'T have to actually be on for Automatic Braking to work. Automatic Braking uses some of the same sensors (radar, front camera, etc.) from the Adaptive Cruise Control option, that is why it is required to be installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas