Intellibeam help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctahoe09

Reaction score
I have a 2016 LT Tahoe and I was wondering how to active intellibeam. I read the owners manual and it said to put the signal lever to neutral and the exterior lights to auto.... not sure if I need to do anything else I have my knob to auto and my signal lever in the neutral position I think? How can I check if it's active?
I have driven in a dark area but haven't notice the high beam light with and A on it before....

Figure it out. If anyone is interested just push the signal lever on to high beams twice within five seconds and you will see a green icon with an A over the light icon on your instrument panel.

Last edited:

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you for this post, i have been looking for this as well.

yahtzee

Reaction score
Do you have to do this each time you get into the car?

k5blazerkeith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You do NOT have to do that every time you get in car, UNLESS you activate the High Beams manually. Also, if you activate the fog lights manually (only way you can), it overrides the Intellibeam until you turn off the fog lights, or turn the truck off...at which point the Intellibeam will reactivate on its own.

Now, the question is, has anyone actually seen this system work? I only figured out how to activate this myself about a week ago (the activation sequence seems lame??? How about a button or option for this in the DIC???), but I still have YET to actually see it turn the High beams on by itself, even in situations where it obviously could have used them? Do you have to be out in total boonies to get this to work??

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh... I've been trying to activite Intellibeam with the fog lights on this whole time and nothing. Figured I was doing something wrong. I'll have to try it with them off an see if this works.

yahtzee

Reaction score
You do NOT have to do that every time you get in car, UNLESS you activate the High Beams manually. Also, if you activate the fog lights manually (only way you can), it overrides the Intellibeam until you turn off the fog lights, or turn the truck off...at which point the Intellibeam will reactivate on its own.

Now, the question is, has anyone actually seen this system work? I only figured out how to activate this myself about a week ago (the activation sequence seems lame??? How about a button or option for this in the DIC???), but I still have YET to actually see it turn the High beams on by itself, even in situations where it obviously could have used them? Do you have to be out in total boonies to get this to work??

I've seen it work and it does a great job...I just didn't know how to turn it on. It must have been on and I deactivated it somehow. Good to see how to turn back on.

OP
OP
ctahoe09

ctahoe09

Reaction score
It actually works pretty good. The hi beams come on when there is no lighting and if a car is not to close in front of you or coming towards you. The little icon with the light and A should show up once your low beams come on....

k5blazerkeith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, the icon is on, I've just never had it activate the high beams automatically...I guess it has to be REALLY dark or something...I'll watch for it.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Errs on the cautious side so if it detects light (bright street lamps etc) it doesn't turn on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas