Intellibeam help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works pretty good; found out this morning on my way to work. Just didn't know since I have a habit of turning on fog lights when it's dark. Mine were already on Automatic too.

Damfino

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My mom's Lincoln Continental's had this feature in the '70's! Hard to believe it is just now showing up in other vehicle's!

MsSnoopy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It actually works pretty good. The hi beams come on when there is no lighting and if a car is not to close in front of you or coming towards you. The little icon with the light and A should show up once your low beams come on....
Is the green icon supposed to always be on when low beams are on??

IamZ

Reaction score
So here's my attempt at it...
Mine haven't come on since buying the car and there have obviously been situations where they should have. The only icon I see is the little "side blinker" looking icon. Nothing with the "A." I don't turn on my fogs. I tried flashing my high-beams by pulling towards me 2x like i thought the manual says but nothing. Then, this morning, I "pushed" the stalk instead of "pulled." After doing it twice, the little headlights symbol with the "A" came on for half a second, and then disappeared again. I kept flashing my high beams by "pushing" and could tell when the Intellibeam was "on" vs "off", but the symbol with the "A" would only stay on for less than a second everytime.....

MsSnoopy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So here's my attempt at it...
Mine haven't come on since buying the car and there have obviously been situations where they should have. The only icon I see is the little "side blinker" looking icon. Nothing with the "A." I don't turn on my fogs. I tried flashing my high-beams by pulling towards me 2x like i thought the manual says but nothing. Then, this morning, I "pushed" the stalk instead of "pulled." After doing it twice, the little headlights symbol with the "A" came on for half a second, and then disappeared again. I kept flashing my high beams by "pushing" and could tell when the Intellibeam was "on" vs "off", but the symbol with the "A" would only stay on for less than a second everytime.....
I finally got mine to work. What I did was do it in my garage at night with the car on. So I turned on and off my bright lights twice really fast, then I saw the Green headlight with an A in it show up on my dashboard. You will only see the green light when your actual headlights are on, this is where I was confused. Then later when I drove at night the intellibeam worked! They went off and on all by themselves, it was pretty cool! You can/will disable it if you actually manually turn on your bright lights and will have to reset it. Good Luck!

Bradysdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got mine to work. What I did was do it in my garage at night with the car on. So I turned on and off my bright lights twice really fast, then I saw the Green headlight with an A in it show up on my dashboard. You will only see the green light when your actual headlights are on, this is where I was confused. Then later when I drove at night the intellibeam worked! They went off and on all by themselves, it was pretty cool! You can/will disable it if you actually manually turn on your bright lights and will have to reset it. Good Luck!

I have a 2016 Tahoe LT. I was actually playing with this tonight. With the high beam lever in the middle neutral position, I do the "Flash To Pass" twice within 5 seconds and then push the high beam lever forward once and back to center. The green headlight A indicator comes on and it works pretty well. I just wish it would be active when fog lights are on, as I always run with them turned on.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tahoe LT. I was actually playing with this tonight. With the high beam lever in the middle neutral position, I do the "Flash To Pass" twice within 5 seconds and then push the high beam lever forward once and back to center. The green headlight A indicator comes on and it works pretty well. I just wish it would be active when fog lights are on, as I always run with them turned on.

Why won't they work with the fogs on? That's so weird, I always run the dogs at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damitchell

Reaction score
Glad I found this... it was working great but then I turned it off I guess and could never figure out how to activate it again. I thought it was a nice feature...

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice feature. I drove late last night on a part Huntington/Cold Spring Harbor NY.
Lawrence Hill Rd to be exact and is pretty dark, lots of hills and curves.
High beams were working all by them self. When another car was approaching went to low beams. Very cool!
Now! if I only can figured the Forward Collision Alert...