Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airaid intake tube on my 04 6.0 Escalade, slightly better mpg and sounds great at WOT, still uses the factory air box just replaces the restrictive intake tube so it's not a hot air intake like all the other options

2a4c3e360c8cc168aa7ffa5821c16fc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have an Airaid system with the cone filter and intake tube still sucking air from the factory location but when using my predator scanner the intake air temps seems to climb rapidly at a stop light or stop and go traffic usually 20-30° higher at times...what could that be?

You say "factory location" is the cone IN the box?

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Airaid system with the cone filter and intake tube still sucking air from the factory location but when using my predator scanner the intake air temps seems to climb rapidly at a stop light or stop and go traffic usually 20-30° higher at times...what could that be?
It could be lack of airflow around the vehicle itself, plus the surrounding heat from engine output adds to that factor. I think that sounds pretty normal especially when ambient temps are high like summer season. Am I wrong?

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
I have the afraid open box with heat reflective media and filter but the upper radiator hose runs directly under the intake tube which effectively then heat the intake tube a bit, but why at times does the intake air temps rise so much, anybody? 20170729_152259.jpg 20170729_152234.jpg

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you`re stopped or in stop and go traffic the engine isn`t sucking much air in and also there is no airflow through the grille so under hood temps rise and heat soaks into the intake tube raising the temp. And as you know once you get up to speed the temp drops back down.

SuburbanLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Running a Volant Air intake. Closed box. Sounds better underload, doubt any HP or MPG improvement but maybe slightly. Definitely less restrictive.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just using a K&N oiled filter in the stock box.
I think it helped MPG slightly (something like 1-2MPG, but it is probably just noise. I can save that much just by changing the way I drive), and it feels peppier.
I can also hear the intake noise better, so that is a plus in my book. :D

yukonoffroad27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if someone got one of these cheap (40$-60$) intake kits on eBay, what kind of air filter would you need and where could you get one for it?

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spectre cai, They come with an oiled filter but i swapped an AEM dry cone filter. They`re washable and i bought two so i always have a clean one waiting in the garage when it`s time to change it.

I`m pretty sure i got them on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts