Installed Pioneer AVH-8400BH Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. What did you do with the old one?

Sold it for just a hair more than I paid for it.

Is that HU compatible with Droid?

Yes, but most features are meant for the iPhone

Did you use a mounting kit? Your install looks nice. I read on a Tundra forum that one kit works better than another. Don't remember the names but I'm not sure if that's an issue with GM trucks.

I used the Metra kit, but I've heard of people liking the scosche dash kit as well.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which wire harness did you use Nate? I think there's a few out there for the gmo-04. I found one on Amazon for $80 but then found some used ones on ebay for $40-50. Not sure if it'll make a difference or not. Did you get a parking bypass and what steering wheel module did you use? Any other interfaces I need?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which wire harness did you use Nate? I think there's a few out there for the gmo-04. I found one on Amazon for $80 but then found some used ones on ebay for $40-50. Not sure if it'll make a difference or not. Did you get a parking bypass and what steering wheel module did you use? Any other interfaces I need?

Wiring harnes

Metra GMOS-LAN-012 GM Onstar/OE Satellite Retention Module with Warning Chimes
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F4ISJQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

SWC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HM86D0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Double Pulse Parking Brake Override Bypass
http://www.amazon.com/Parking-Overr...03IM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337564066&sr=8-1

That's all you need. If you can get them used, I'd do it as long as you're sure they work.

uptown_hound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Advanced App

I also have the same radio, but I cant get the advanced app to work at all. Someone please help need advice!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have the same radio, but I cant get the advanced app to work at all. Someone please help need advice!!!!!!!!!

tell me what's not working. Can you hit the ok button? Is the parking brake wire grounded, and then re-grounded?

need more details...

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to use Navi thru your phone app? Just curious how it works? I'm still debating on what HU to get. I want Navi but I also don't want to spend $1k on a Kenwood. I heard Pioneer's Navi isn't great so that's why I considered Kenwood. But I keep coming back to this HU. I still have my iPhone but it doesn't have service. Most of the apps still work when I have WiFi.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to use Navi thru your phone app? Just curious how it works? I'm still debating on what HU to get. I want Navi but I also don't want to spend $1k on a Kenwood. I heard Pioneer's Navi isn't great so that's why I considered Kenwood. But I keep coming back to this HU. I still have my iPhone but it doesn't have service. Most of the apps still work when I have WiFi.

Your iPhone would have to have service because it uses the data service to communicate and use the maps.

I've use it a few times and it's worked fine I also downloaded an app called GPS drive to use as navigation instead of just using the regular Google maps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney