Rear Seat Entertainment - Wireless options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkstar72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a device that could plug into the HDMI port or the USB port in the rear of the center console for the rear seat entertainment that would allow an iPad to screen mirror or bluetooth connect instead of trying to mess with DLNA apps? I have had zero luck with DLNA apps.

This is in a 2017 Yukon XL Denali.

jets

Reaction score
I wanted something like this a while ago. Most screen casting protocols like chromecast or airplay require a wifi network. If the truck itself doesn’t have wifi then it needs to be tethered to a phone. The issue is the phone used for the wifi signal cannot be the source for casting. In the end my kids prefer using their tablets.

My Denali doesn’t have rear entertainment but it does have Carplay. I have an AI box I use to stream whatever I want (YouTube, Netflix, Plex etc) to the main dash screen up front and it’s pretty awesome. I just added a SIM card to my account for ten dollars a month to share internet on my plan and it’s got its own independent 4G connection. It was only a few hundred dollars. Plus now it’s wireless CarPlay so I just use a magsafe charger or the wireless charger in the arm rest. That one rarely as it doesn’t work with my phone case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz