Inside of Center Console Missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwhite220

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2012 Yukon Denali from the dealership. The only thing that the truck needs fixed asap is the inside lining of the center console. It looks like someone tried to clean it with a chemical and accidentally removed part of the lining.

Do you guys know of anything that I can do to restore it? Either a new lining or even some kind of an inset that can go in there? As is, it looks kind of disgusting.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to the dealer and make them fix it. You just got the truck, right? They're still in "impress the customer" mode.

Give them a chance, they will likely make it right for you.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is the only thing that needs fixed ASAP, consider yourself in pretty good shape :waytogo:

OP
OP
bwhite220

bwhite220

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go back to the dealer and make them fix it. You just got the truck, right? They're still in "impress the customer" mode.

Give them a chance, they will likely make it right for you.

I tried and they said that when I drove it off the lot, it became mine. Sold as is.

I'm not going to push it too hard because the truck is in great shape and this is the only thing bothering me. There has to be some kind of an insert or something. Or, I'll just take the rest of the lining out so it's all plastic inside.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Apparently, impress the customer doesn't last as long as I thought. Was it a GM dealer?

if you post some pics of the problem you may get more responses.

Good luck.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
find a stereo shop and get some of that greyish black carpeting that they use on speaker enclosures and install with some 3M type 77 spray adhesive. just my 2cents worth!!

while I am at it Welcome to the forum!!

cwebb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This worked wonders, it may be a an option and it comes with the fuzz type of lining on the interior instead of hard plastic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282277792824?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I tried and they said that when I drove it off the lot, it became mine. Sold as is.

I'm not going to push it too hard because the truck is in great shape and this is the only thing bothering me. There has to be some kind of an insert or something. Or, I'll just take the rest of the lining out so it's all plastic inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645