I want to smoke tires W/24'S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not 24" but this guy was spinning those 20" pretty good with this..

2nd fastest NA 5.3L, cam only
Owner: Lance - LS1Truck "Bluecajun"

Vehicle: ’03 Chevy Silverado
Engine: 5.3

Mods: Nelson mail order tune, ls1 fans w/ nelson harness, cai, tr220/112, 918's, manley pushrods, pacesetter lt's, custom 3" exaust w/ Y and aerochamber, built 60E, tci 3000 stall, eaton differential w/ 4.10's.

show: 2" hotchkis drop coils, 4" beltech shackles and hangers drop. 20" centerline stingray III's w/ falken 275/45/20's.

track times:

60' - 1.74
330' - 5.08
1/8 - [email protected]
1000' - 10.42
1/4 - [email protected]

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Don't large gear skill the gas mileage?
Also I was looking in to TM and read BBTune take most of it out, what about all of it Jenna?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Torque Management is more than just one thing (comes from multiple functions in the engine), so theoretically you can't get rid of 100%.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you and me both lol..i cant spin my 24s with the 5.3 with BB tune, cAI, exhaust and 3.73 gears.. so i bought a 6.0..thats going in the tahoe in two weeks..i will let you know what that does for spinning the tires lol

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys need to remember the amount of weight that is going over the rear axle on these things. It is much easier to do in a truck as the bed is so light over those back tires. It is even worse with the 4X4s, due to the fact, that even when you are in 2WD there is still a small amount of power going to the differential, so you are never really in 2WD.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys need to remember the amount of weight that is going over the rear axle on these things. It is much easier to do in a truck as the bed is so light over those back tires. It is even worse with the 4X4s, due to the fact, that even when you are in 2WD there is still a small amount of power going to the differential, so you are never really in 2WD.

exactly..especially after you add in 250 lbs of stereo equipment and passangers since their weight is also over the axle..go throw 800 lbs in the rear of your bed and see how easily it spins them lol..i suppose they are better for hooking up once you do have the power though lol

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'd rather not spin my 20s let alone 24s. Tires are expensive as hell go buy some 16s if you like burnouts :cheers:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
exactly..especially after you add in 250 lbs of stereo equipment and passangers since their weight is also over the axle..go throw 800 lbs in the rear of your bed and see how easily it spins them lol..i suppose they are better for hooking up once you do have the power though lol

I can spin in the yukon. Turn off TC pop it in R, floor it and spin city. Can get a mild chirp in drive, in the rain I get some spin. IN the silverado I get spin dry, and in wet weather get spin going from 30-50. If I start off wet in the silverado It spins even in second and I have to let off before it does a 180 on me.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with everything in my sig my 2wd tahoe will still not turn the tires over unless its raining and im putting a little over 320hp down to the wheels.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

its a peppy truck but still not enough power to do a pppeeeeelllll out! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz