I think I got a lemon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I’m almost 100% it’s a pulley alignment issue as well

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the dash hard plastic?

It's not very thick and hollow underneath with very little support. The cracks all seem to start in the same places. The left side of the passenger side air bag and the right above the instrument cluster and then they'll spread and create holes. I used some plastic jb weld last summer and it seems to have stop the spreading so I hope I don't get holes. Others have used dash skins. The facebook page has details of how prevalent the issue is.

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not very thick and hollow underneath with very little support. The cracks all seem to start in the same places. The left side of the passenger side air bag and the right above the instrument cluster and then they'll spread and create holes. I used some plastic jb weld last summer and it seems to have stop the spreading so I hope I don't get holes. Others have used dash skins. The facebook page has details of how prevalent the issue is.
its normal for it to crack but with the bass it didn’t stand a chance but the new dash cap controls that fine

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the other alternators had smoked bearings as well. The original 4 that is not the matching newer ones.

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the other alternators had smoked bearings as well. The original 4 that is not the matching newer ones.
The reason being is they grounded out apparently paint must be removed from ground point of alts and brackets so that is being fixed

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Well I ran into a few errors..one shop had rcas ran with power so we had to move and replace to other side. Bass knob broke making bass come in and out. As well had to install relay to provide enough voltage for amps. Snapped alt belt in half leaving my wedding lol but belt was used and abused from running with dieing mismatched alts. I think Ima step down to 3 alts to correct alignment issues. And I beat the piss out of my truck and now have my ignition on toggle switch truck still requires keys but I need switch for them to work lol

I have quad alts on my tahoe and my belt is fine. No need to go down to three alts If u can get your quad alt set up working proper. Sounds like improper installation if your having belt problems

OP
OP
TahoeOn30s

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have quad alts on my tahoe and my belt is fine. No need to go down to three alts If u can get your quad alt set up working proper. Sounds like improper installation if your having belt problems
I stepped down to 3 already I notice my engine doesn’t bog down at all like it was in the past and another thing too is when I switched brands on my quads they had slightly larger pulleys and I couldn’t quite find a belt they liked but everything is working a1 for now besides I think my hu now has a short because it now isn’t starting on every crank which I don’t quite understand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman