I need experienced help re: Water pouring out exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I should have been more detailed. I was referencing @Tonyrodz post. I have seen people get more miles down the road with this band aid for very small leaks in the entire cooling system. Hell I have seen, but do not recommend, pepper clog small leaks and have never seen it but heard of a raw egg doing the same. Redneck band aids for sure but have seen/heard of them.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I should have been more detailed. I was referencing @Tonyrodz post. I have seen people get more miles down the road with this band aid for very small leaks in the entire cooling system. Hell I have seen, but do not recommend, pepper clog small leaks and have never seen it but heard of a raw egg doing the same. Redneck band aids for sure but have seen/heard of them.
Those are old school fixes for sure. Never tried those myself tho.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When i worked at the GM dealer in the early 2000s thise were the dealership fix. Not kidding.
That's where I heard about them when I was in my shops. Band-Aid at best but like lots of things in a dealership, it was "good enough".

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 70's up they all left factory with 2 pellets! I don't know if that ever stopped.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive used the pepper trick back in the early 90's on a small leak on a radiator to get me by until I could get the radiator fixed (brass tanks). It kept me going for a month or so.

Not sure why the OP would think the block itself has a crack in it since no water is getting into the oil. Its a cracked head causing the leak.
As far as getting a good "low mile" engine that is a direct swap, there is a slim to no chance that is going to happen since Gen 3 engines ended in 2007 so all those engines are atleast 14+ years old now. Unlikely to have anything close to low miles. Id buy a reman long block. Its got a warranty and its got really low miles....ZERO.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’d never spend money on an engine with 360k on it. And I’d think twice or more to be sure the chassis is worth the cost of a transplant. Might be better to spend the money on a new to you ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo