I found my dream Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_20170520_191800.jpg IMG_20170515_190440.jpg

It's an 09 LTZ with the rare L9H 6.2 option. It's has the part time 4X4 system that the other Tahoe's have, thankfully it's not the AWD systems the Denali and Escalade use. Has all the options, except power running boards, which is a good thing.

I have an airaid intake tube on its way, and in a few weeks I'm going to get a tune from Blackbear. I got one of their mail order tunes a few months back on my old 05 Tahoe, and I'm completely in love and spoiled by it. I can feel how much torque reduction my new 6.2 Tahoe has and it's driving me insane!!

Other than a tune, I'm going to tone some of that chrome down, remove the grocery strips, and blacken out the wheels and grill. I know true duals don't really do anything for performance on the 6.2, but I'm going to do true duals like my old Tahoe has, a magnaflow true-x with 2.5 pipes and longtube headers.

Does anyone on here know how many 6.2 Tahoe's were produced?

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, does it have 2sp trans case (4hi&4lo) or just 4wd? Just curious. Looks like its got a front level at the least and someone pulled off the lower airdam already. 6.2 is nice, thing should be pretty badass with a BB tune... good luck

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed last night the lower airdam was missing. I'll check if it's been leveled or not, all I know is it's got air ride. It does have 2 speed T-Case with 4hi and 4lo. It also has the 9.5 14 bolt rear, and the T-Case looks beefy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645