How you doin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Familytahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sup guys, recently purchased a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT. I have several questions since I've never owned one and I figure people on here have experience with them..

Alright i put aftermarket torsion keys and shock extenders up front now it sits just about level a little bit higher up front. I tinted the windows 5% all around. Threw in some 12 inch sub and a big amp.. looking for 22 inch rims so I can't get the Cali lean going..

IMG_20180303_121024.jpg IMG_20180427_192911_440.jpg

My questions are..
Has anybody ever used different seats upfront from a different car make? My seats are shot and I can't seem to end find any that aren't around.. my seats are tan by the way if anybody has a link to Affordable seat covers send it this way

I have the barn doors in the back and can't seem to find any aftermarket tail lights that don't look cheesy or ricer. Any links you can send me to? Mine have sun fading on them

Question number 3 is has anybody ever towed anything real heavy with these things. Mine's the 5.3 and in August I'm going to be moving from California to Idaho and I'm going the cheap route and renting a trailer from U-Haul driving across the Sierra Nevadas..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sup guys, recently purchased a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT. I have several questions since I've never owned one and I figure people on here have experience with them..

Alright i put aftermarket torsion keys and shock extenders up front now it sits just about level a little bit higher up front. I tinted the windows 5% all around. Threw in some 12 inch sub and a big amp.. looking for 22 inch rims so I can't get the Cali lean going..

View attachment 198371 View attachment 198370

My questions are..
Has anybody ever used different seats upfront from a different car make? My seats are shot and I can't seem to end find any that aren't around.. my seats are tan by the way if anybody has a link to Affordable seat covers send it this way

I have the barn doors in the back and can't seem to find any aftermarket tail lights that don't look cheesy or ricer. Any links you can send me to? Mine have sun fading on them

Question number 3 is has anybody ever towed anything real heavy with these things. Mine's the 5.3 and in August I'm going to be moving from California to Idaho and I'm going the cheap route and renting a trailer from U-Haul driving across the Sierra Nevadas..
when you get to cali there are decent seats around in various junk yards, maybe not so much up your way

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Check out Ebay for replacement covers. Some are fairly reasonable. @Rocket Man what was the place called you got yours from? With tail lights, you can use regular hatch tail lights. A little modification makes them fit. So that opens up a bigger assortment for you. Welcome to the forum.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check craigslist also usually the premium yards will post what they are parting out on there, you may have to expand your search to other citys, I am in Stockton but the good stuff is in Sacramento all the tow truck drivers in this region know the yards in Sacramento will pay more so the good cars/trucks all end up there.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all else fails you can get new or used foam and new covers on ebay.

the work truck needed new foam and covers got damn good used foam bottoms with the heaters and new covers vinyl covers but still 50 a side, and the foam was also right about 50 a side. new foam will cost more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645