How to reset TPMS sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a trail blazer today.. first time.. that OM said 10 seconds.. I used the 5-6 seconds that was in the Tahoe OM...
He had already taken it to a tire place, and they had the tool and couldn't do it.. (I'm guessing it was operator error, with them not knowing how to use the tool.) He said they never tried the normal procedure in the OM.

Don't give up.. haha..
Bryan

bgdawg89434

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey if i buy new toms can i relearn them on my new tires with the OM reset instructions ?

GlockandRoll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased an 08 Tahoe PPV and the dash button to re-learn isn't there, does anyone know how to do this on the police Tahoe?

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know is I tried... And Tried.... And Tried to do what the OM said by lowering the pressure for 10 seconds or 5 lbs with , no luck. I got the pressure down to 15lbs before I figured I was going to inflate the tire again.

Amongst other things The heck of it is the Dealership (it was a Chevrolet/Buick Dealership) did not bother to do it when I bought the Tahoe... I just remember the fronts are rears now... I guess it should not have been a surprise as the dealership I bought it from did not do the manditory recall of the heated washer fluid unit either before I purchased it, they found that it was not disconnected, so when I took it in for a service they did that.... But not the TPMS remains messed up.

GlockandRoll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I gave up as well, and went to a tire store.. they put the machine on it and did it in under a minuet, they wouldn't even take my money.

lovecars1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased an 08 Tahoe PPV and the dash button to re-learn isn't there, does anyone know how to do this on the police Tahoe?

You need to turn on the option with a GM TechII dealers and techs have them. you connect it to the car and then you go to Remote Options and turn that option on. On police cars they are not activated. Same goes if you want to turn the TPMS off..

Bad324

Reaction score
Is there anyway to just disable the TPMS? I'm looking into getting some aftermarket wheels and don't really care about having it active

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700