How To: Paint Emblem With a Trim Color.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah, I just got done taping it and shit. Just layed down the first coat, how many coats did you do? I think Im going with 3 black and 1 clear.
Well here it is, not perfect but I like it =D
2hncids.jpg
x3e7wz.jpg

Last edited:

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I primed it then used 3 black and 1 clear. Now that I'm done I wish I would have got the edges a little better and used another coat or two of clear but it looks alright and I don't have the time to mess with it.

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey 350Vortec, Do you know how to get paint off of plastic? I didnt see it last night and it dried on a white part of my front end. Its not a complete cover, it looks like a quick spray of paint, so its scattered. Any advice to get it off would be great, thanks!

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have went with a white GMC logo Mavrick, I think it would have looked a lot better considering the grille behind it is black and you're Yukon is white.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Just wet sand it off, it takes a good 5-10 days to really really cure on there. Just wet sand it off with a fine grit paper. It should be fine, Looks good though man. I prob would have done white with black trim though

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Just wet sand it off, it takes a good 5-10 days to really really cure on there. Just wet sand it off with a fine grit paper. It should be fine, Looks good though man. I prob would have done white with black trim though

He will have to polish after so it wont look dull, might as well try polishing first.

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from work. Thanks for the info guys, Haks I polished it, and it came out great! Yeah maybe when I get some more time I can try out the white, but I really like the black for some reason. Thanks for the write-up 350Vortec!:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700