How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Might as well chime in.

50k on my 16 SLT 4x4 w sunroof. Had factory 18s with goodyear assurance tires up until a couple weeks ago. Now have 22x9 285/45r22 Nitto 420S. No buffeting vibration at all except the Nittos get a flat spot sitting in the hot garage for a few days without being driven. It goes away within 5 minutes of driving after the tires warm up. Known annoyance with the 420S, nothing to do with the Yukon.

What is the name of the rims you have on your truck?

Crabdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't do that in Virginia. 20 mph over or 80 mph is reckless driving, which is a misdemeanor criminal offense.

That's exactly where I did it. Worth the VERY SLIGHT risk of getting caught to mr. Just did 1/2 mile or so over 80.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't do that in Virginia. 20 mph over or 80 mph is reckless driving, which is a misdemeanor criminal offense.

My friend who lives in Virginia did get caught doing over 80 and did get a reckless driving ticket..He took it court..The judge reduced to speed for him and dropped the reckless driving charge..My friend was super stressed out about the reckless driving charge..He ended up getting 2 points on his license.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly where I did it. Worth the VERY SLIGHT risk of getting caught to mr. Just did 1/2 mile or so over 80.
He was lucky.

Have to go to court. In Virginia, troopers and officers are scheduled for court and therefore it is very rare if they miss their court date. Whether the judge or the Commonwealth's Attorney will negotiate, depends upon your driving record and circumstances of the offense. And, then again, some judges are not flexible, so it is the luck of the draw.

Simply put, you cannot assume that you will get a break in court, especially if your driving record is less than desirable.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
250 mile ish round trip to Xpel dealer. Highway up to 85 and everything in between and nothing at all. City driving maybe 25 miles of the 250 and nothing. With two of us in vehicle it was super quiet and no booming, pressure or anything weird whatsoever. We were also listening for air leaks which there weren't any. 2017 Yukon SLT premium package - 22's, sunroof with buckets. Very thankful she's boomer free!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Robb92914

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon SLT so far so good thank goodness. I test drove a few 2015 and 2016's before buying mine that had a minor buffeting issue but no problem at all with mine. I did have some vibration but bought a CPO and had the dealer replace the motor mounts and now smooth riding. Not as smooth as my LS460L but smooth as hell for a big vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n