How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. My Yukon just developed the steering wheel pop/clicking sound. Was your dealership able to fix that? There seems to be many with that issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I hesitantly took my 15 to a local dealer and the steering column repair lasted about 2 weeks. Then same thing again. Plus they scratched the heck out of the column and airbag. I ended up trading it in on a 16.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they fixed it first time ( lasted 6 months) 2nd time ( lasted about same) 3rd time (lasted 3-4 weeks)
They take steering wheel off and it's in the shaft that repaired.
My 2015 Yukon was built early 2014 so I don't know if it's something in early production that has since been fixed. God I hope so. I really don't think I can handle all these issue again with new 2016.
Right there with you. Same situation. I had an early 2014 production 15 Yukon that did the steering deal. Drove me nuts and they could NOT fix it. 16 is GTG so far.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my '16 Denali with 22" wheels and the Bridgestones has never had an issue with imbalance or the awful booming until this morning. The truck now has 9K miles on it and it had been left parked in the garage for the last 4 days. When I drove it this morning, the steering wheel shimmied like crazy, and I experienced the 'booming/buffeting' noise at around 65-75 mph. Hence this issue IMHO is definitely a wheel/tyre issue.

I shall be driving it a bunch from now on, and I'm sure the flat-spotted tyres will return to a more 'rounded' configuration. Hopefully the imbalance and 'booming' will cease. If not, I'll buy the Michelins for the truck as they are such a superior tyre anyway.

Bish

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my '16 Denali with 22" wheels and the Bridgestones has never had an issue with imbalance or the awful booming until this morning. The truck now has 9K miles on it and it had been left parked in the garage for the last 4 days. When I drove it this morning, the steering wheel shimmied like crazy, and I experienced the 'booming/buffeting' noise at around 65-75 mph. Hence this issue IMHO is definitely a wheel/tyre issue.

I shall be driving it a bunch from now on, and I'm sure the flat-spotted tyres will return to a more 'rounded' configuration. Hopefully the imbalance and 'booming' will cease. If not, I'll buy the Michelins for the truck as they are such a superior tyre anyway.

Bish
Ding ding. You've diagnosed your problem with the flat spots and the remedy - Michelins! I've experienced the same after sitting.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife said she has recently noticed a vibration when cruising at 45 mph around town......I Just crossed 9,000 miles. I tried to replicate, but haven't noticed anything since I mostly use it to go to work on highway. Don't go that slow very often.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the opportunity to rent a Yukon SLT on a trip recently. Out of BWI. Drove up to Northern Jersey and then to Carlisle, PA and back to BWI. Drove at a variety of speeds and tried to remain alert for unusual vibrations or pressures. Didn't sense any. Got 20.6 mpg as well. While it was a cushy ride, it felt larger than my 2001, and the step was more of a nuisance (to me) than a help.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. My Yukon just developed the steering wheel pop/clicking sound. Was your dealership able to fix that? There seems to be many with that issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I thought we were good with not having this issue but it has surfaced at 40k miles. what is the thought on it? Is it worth fixing or does it create more headaches and eventually return anyway?

FJ40INTOW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have put only 1500 miles on our 2017 Denali with no vibration or buffeting. Test drove a "new" 2016 and it had vibration. Dealer said it needed shocks adjusted. I wonder why they don't fix it so they can sell it?

Last edited:

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am only at 2400 miles on my 17 Tahoe. I have only been on one trip greater then my normal 22 mile trip to work and back. I had no issues. I am taking my first road trip this weekend (approx 1000 miles round trip) so I will be at highway speeds for a majority of it. Hope i don't run into this issue.

Is the issue with the Tahoes and Yukons as well? I thought i read before it was more the Suburbans and Yukon XLs???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE