How many of you are still using Onstar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, what do you use it for? I like having the phone and monthly maintenance checks emailed to me and if you have a 2010 you have apps for your phone that let you start the truck from further away. My wife has used it several times for when she locked her keys inside. We've used it to get directions and find places and report 911 related things. Before I had a scan tool, if the CEL lit up, I'd call them and they would give me the code or tell me to reinstall the gas cap. Been using it since 2006.

I'm diabetic and if I should crash, say into a canal, Onstar will at least know where I went in and not some diver on a training mission forty years later.

A cell phone can do much of this but requires more input on our part which is not always wise while driving.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pushed that button one time-to get the free trial, haven't touched it since, so I guess that would be a No. but should I ever need it I guess it's comforting to know I am just a credit card away from assistance.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never used it on any of my vehicles. I swapped the VCIM in my Yukon to get remote start via onstar, but still never really used it

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on, in my Tahoe and the wife's Cadillac. The cell phone will work in areas where my regular cell phone won't. I find it much easier to reach up and push the button for directions than using my iphone or the cars navigation.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, what do you use it for? I like having the phone and monthly maintenance checks emailed to me and if you have a 2010 you have apps for your phone that let you start the truck from further away. My wife has used it several times for when she locked her keys inside. We've used it to get directions and find places and report 911 related things. Before I had a scan tool, if the CEL lit up, I'd call them and they would give me the code or tell me to reinstall the gas cap. Been using it since 2006.

I'm diabetic and if I should crash, say into a canal, Onstar will at least know where I went in and not some diver on a training mission forty years later.

A cell phone can do much of this but requires more input on our part which is not always wise while driving.

That is why I am keeping it on..For now anyway.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just use the app for remote start and even that is not that often. It would be great service to have if it wasn't so expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC