How is the efan mod suppose to work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe 5.3 that I have just put the efan conversion on. OEM harness. The question I have is how are the fans suppose to operate. I know pin 33 is wired into the A/C pressure circuit and pin 42 is temperature activated. I believe the passenger side fan comes on when called for by the A/C.
So my questions are: when does the passenger fan turn on by itself and at what fan speed? When do both fans come on at half speed and when do they come on at full speed? Does the engine have to reach a certain temperature before the A/C fan kicks in?
I had the PCM tuned to turn the fans on but the tuner admitted to having difficulty getting pin 33 to activate the fan properly.
What I've seen so far is both fans come on I believe at full speed at around 209 degrees as indicated on the instrument cluster gauge, so I know both fans work. The A/C blows some what cool air until the both fans turn on, then the normal beer chilling air that Chevrolet is known for. The passenger side fan does not turn on by itself that I've seen.
How can I test the fans for proper operation? I really am sorry for all the questions, but I haven't been able to find the information else where...TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210