How do you fix your car with no parts available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorpJetMech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 08 Yukon in the shop since the 14th for brake issues. My brakes would just suddenly not work. Work just fine one minute and the next time I would get in the truck, brake pedal to the floor. I took it to the shop and they replaced one part for a $1000 that didn't fix it. Told me I need another part for another $2000. The biggest problem with this is they haven't been able to find one. Not one .... Anywhere ... What in the world did I get myself into? A vehicle that looses it's brakes and no parts to fix it. Unbelievable GM !

jprevost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 08 Yukon in the shop since the 14th for brake issues. My brakes would just suddenly not work. Work just fine one minute and the next time I would get in the truck, brake pedal to the floor. I took it to the shop and they replaced one part for a $1000 that didn't fix it. Told me I need another part for another $2000. The biggest problem with this is they haven't been able to find one. Not one .... Anywhere ... What in the world did I get myself into? A vehicle that looses it's brakes and no parts to fix it. Unbelievable GM !

You're kidding right? You paid $1000 to fix your brakes... that didn't work so you took it back to the same place and they want to charge you $2000 for another PART (singular)... this is somehow GM's fault?
Get your money back from the original mechanic and find a better shop before you come here and complain with nonsense.
Honestly I want to help so please let me know what you paid $1000 for and I can try and help you out. Brakes not working is likely a fluid loss and a pretty easy find... you look at the brake lines for fluid and repair the damage be it flex line, hard line, a fitting, caliper, ABS assembly, or master cylinder. It's a pretty simple system and from the age I'm going to assume out of warranty... hard to find parts can be found in a salvage yard.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a nicer tone I agree with Jon , If the mechanic didnt fix your problem to begin with he shouldn't have charged you the first 1000 Period . and these trucks are still fairly new I guess you could say ESP yours being a hybrid I would have taken it straight to the dealership , I know they are expensive but I can garuntee you they would have fixed it the first time for the first 1000 and had the said parts , Can you tell me what they replaced?

Ziggy2079

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
as a newbie, I'd agree it would be good to take to GM shop as this point.

OP
OP
C

CorpJetMech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, thank you for your high votes of confidence in just everybody but you must me stupid. It's been at the largest GM dealership in hundreds of miles for 3 weeks now for the repairs. They can't find the part. Yes .... It's a hybrid specific part. Yes... The service department manager has been on the phone with GM corporate to try to come up with a solution.

OP
OP
C

CorpJetMech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today is exactly two months since it went into the GM dealership for the brake failure. It was troubleshot down the the Electric Brake Control Module and today was the day new Modules were scheduled to be shipped from the brake system manufacturer TRW to GM parts distribution. So in other words...still waiting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879