How do I know if front bearing is bad? 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gossamer

Gossamer

Reaction score
I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. Some who know me would be glad about that. You said you checked the front end and all is good except the hub play you talked about. I know how I check a front end but you never said how you check it. There is a right way and a wrong way. Lifting it in the air and letting everything drop is not the right way. I deal with details and not assumptions. 07BURB, knows me. He will tell you I don't like generalizations. Now after all that, Malirat, give us details on how you checked ball joints, bushings, tie rods, idler, pitman..........etc. Also, would be curious about tire and wheel condition and the steering shaft on the engine side of the firewall. Steering gear mount bolts and frame condition at all mount points.....etc.

All is tight and checked correctly. I have been building personal drag cars since the 80's. Please don't assume that by asking a question that one doesn't have knowledge. Assumptions backfire. You assumed even though you said you you don't.
This has me stumped. Loose feeling through steering wheel and shaky vehicle over bumps on highway. Tie rods seem tight with no play but tie rods seem like an explainable answer.
Just looking for some possible suggestions to my problem.
Tires are wearing perfectly.
If you don't have a possible answer then I have no time for another member trying to make this a pissing contest. Please don't waste your time or mine.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Your qualifications are not known till you share them. Don't be a snowflake about it. I wanted to know how you checked it before I would assume it was done right. You still didn't share how you did it. Till then I am going to assume you have thin skin and can't answer reasonable questions. If you was at one of my shops and would not share info about your problem, I wouldn't work on your rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts