Hot ports in 2015i Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oakfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That worked beautifully. Thanks!
This had been a huge frustration on mine. This made the cig lighter adapter under climate controls hot (RAP), but does anyone know how to do the same for the cig lighter adapter under the front arm rest? I'd like to do this one instead so I can hide my cables wen not in use.
Thanks!

k5blazerkeith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice...but I too wish it was the plugs inside t he console vs. the ones in the cupholder area, would be so much cleaner for wires...

Nine29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I've got the opposite problem with my 2011 Yukon Denali...none of the power outlets are switched. I'm installing a dashcam and need a switched outlet to prevent the battery from running down when shutting off the car. Anybody have an idea where I can tap into a switched circuit?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's sad on a 70k or more new suv that the factory doesn't make the ports live when the truck is off. I seriously think that gm has lost major quality with the newer models. Why would they change that? The cig lighters in my 2006 are all live even when my key is out.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ for front ports, there is a fuse to swap 1 position over to do so.
not sure why they do it this way. sure some lawyer safety, like on gunz

busterw

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread that I just happened to find and it worked like a dream on my 2015. I am wondering, since the ones inside the console are still not powered by this trick, if you could clip the wire to the cig light port inside the console and run a jumper from the one in front of the cup holders to that one so it also has constant power.

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm shaking my head on this issue, I mean come on. If your phone goes dead and you can't just plug it in and recharge? I mean BASIC stuff guy what are they thinking?

I have a top notch automotive electrician I might have to have him take a look and get creative. The USB's would be perfect, I'm so sick of the apple car play that takes over even if you disarm it from the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz