Hot ports in 2015i Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MortMan

Reaction score
After a 3 month wait I decided to cancel my order on my Denali and go looking for one that was already on a lot. I found one that fit the bill from a dealer that I had history with and pulled the trigger last Wedneday. Overall I am happy with my purchase but am wondering if any of the power ports are hot when the at is off. I'd like to charge my phone while I am away from the truck, and it seems that when the truck is off the power is off at the plugs.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only one that is hot is in the very back by the hatch.

OP
OP
M

MortMan

Reaction score
That's a HUGE miss for GMC. There are a few things that I would change in this truck (wiper functions in the multifunction stalk, where the HomeLink buttons are, etc) but this would have to be at the top of the list.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also are adding to the list...
I believe the output amp on the USB is .75A which is dismal for the phones and tablets out in todays market. I prefer to plug in a 2A USB cigarette adaptor to charge my phone. By the way any of the cigarette plugs live when the vehicle is off?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also are adding to the list...
I believe the output amp on the USB is .75A which is dismal for the phones and tablets out in todays market. I prefer to plug in a 2A USB cigarette adaptor to charge my phone. By the way any of the cigarette plugs live when the vehicle is off?
Again.... the only one that is "live" when the truck is off is in the back by the hatch.

jasonsbiz74

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird they only made one outlet "hot" while ignition is off. I never even thought about it until I read this post.

Deepthought

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The owners manual does state (page 5-7) that the front outlet can be configured to be hot all the time, however they don't tell you how to change it. Pry open the left hand fuse block cover, inside you will see a nearly square 50a fuse in the upper left corner. The fuse has two positions where it can be installed. The factory installs it so that the fuse is between the center and rear (or rear most, it's on somewhat of an angle) contacts, remove the fuse and reinstall it on the center and front most contacts.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owners manual does state (page 5-7) that the front outlet can be configured to be hot all the time, however they don't tell you how to change it. Pry open the left hand fuse block cover, inside you will see a nearly square 50a fuse in the upper left corner. The fuse has two positions where it can be installed. The factory installs it so that the fuse is between the center and rear (or rear most, it's on somewhat of an angle) contacts, remove the fuse and reinstall it on the center and front most contacts.

Thanks for the info. Tried it this morning and it works. The front 12v outlet is live now. The USB still don't have power when the ignition is off but at least the 12v lighter plug is.

The 50A fuse was conected to the front 2 prongs (3 prongs total). Moved it back and and the 12v plug came on.

20150329_103059.jpg

20150329_103110.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2