High Temps 2011 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is TYC the OE supplier for GM? I seem to remember seeing TYC parts on my truck somewhere before.

I really don't know.. I can't see any info on my current aftermarket 7/7 set up Nor
can I see any info on the new TYC fan set up. Bought the truck with poorly repaired front
end damage.

OP
OP
Klewis

Klewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update:

I purchased a used K5L 700w cooling fan from eBay. When it arrived I couldn’t tell by looking at it that it was different from my current fan. Oddly enough the fan that was on my Yukon Denali was a Bosch fan. I’m guessing it was an after market addition. The 700w fan is two 5 blade fans. After installing the fan I waited for it to switch to high. When it did it was pulling a lot of air. I’ve noticed my trans temps even about 10 degrees cooler. Now I’m waiting for the bracket kit to install the tru-cool max. Thanks for the advice!

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have the same ones as I do, the top of the shroud has the numbers 20923004 and I had similar results when I installed mine. For some reason, my 09 L9H had from factory 5/7 rimmed 500w. Those fans don't seem to flow anywhere near what the dual 5 blade rimless 700w, although they are a bit louder. I am glad you finally got this sorted out :)

OP
OP
Klewis

Klewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you have the same ones as I do, the top of the shroud has the numbers 20923004 and I had similar results when I installed mine. For some reason, my 09 L9H had from factory 5/7 rimmed 500w. Those fans don't seem to flow anywhere near what the dual 5 blade rimless 700w, although they are a bit louder. I am glad you finally got this sorted out :)

UPDATE

Tru-cool Max installed. Took awhile to get the bracket kit I purchased figured out. The pre-drilled holes were off and had to re-drill one. But looks great!! Hoping no leaks in the line .

When drilling the hole on the bracket I pushed too hard and popped through the metal and into the AC Condenser!!

Drove down to store and bought a new one and installing it tonight . Hopefully ends up good and no leaks!!

E69185DD-2535-4F9D-B632-9B32DCE582F9.jpeg

Reaction score
I know it's too late, but maybe will help for anyone planning on doing this in the future, Put a block of wood or piece of sheet metal or something behind whatever you need to drill to keep the bit from going into the condenser