High Miles 2015+ Tahoes or Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Are there any high mileage 2015+ models on here? I know there are lots of older ones still going strong after 250K miles but how about the newer models? Anybody put up big numbers? What did you have to fix to get there?

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've yet to see any posts I can remember from members with higher mileage on these, not saying they're not here though. The 2015's and up seem to have some widespread and common problems. I'm considering purchasing a Tahoe this year myself but it is highly unlikely that I will keep it very far past 36k.

I see a lot of 2015 and 2016 models on used lots here with less than 50k on them, not that my observation is anything scientific or official....

MiamiDubai

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 58,000 on my 2015 Yukon. No major issues, I bought mine Certified preowned.

Only time it's been in the shop is to replace the A/C Blower motor. (didn't stop working, was just making noise)

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of 2015 and 2016 models on used lots here with less than 50k on them, not that my observation is anything scientific or official....

It is normal to see a 2015-2016 Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon for sale with 50K miles on them..Rental cars are put up for sale between 40-50K miles.

I am told by Enterprise the Tahoe and Suburban are then most sought after vehicles to rent..Most rent the Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon for long trips like I did before buying one..All my 2015 and 2016 Tahoe and Suburban rentals had over 40K miles and some were less then a year old..Some of those for sale are bank repossessed also.

BTW I could not find anything wrong with any of my rental Tahoe or Suburban.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
57k on our 15 yukon XL SLT and we are debating whether or not to dump $$ into it or take a hit and unload it. Unfortunately, the used market seems to be flooded with 15+ yukons/tahoes/escalades.

-buffeting/vibrations (have been able to resolve these issues myself for the time being)...Make sure you test drive vehicle multiple times under many conditions!

-Oil leak (repaired under warranty)
-Tranny line leaks (not covered) $900
-Steering wheel shaft issues (not covered) $950
-Rear ring and pinion replaced at 35k and is making noise again (warranty)
-front ring and pinion is singing and needs replaced (warranty)
-adjustable pedals suddenly stopped working last week (not covered) ??? still researching -this issue.
-supposedly both upper and lower control arms are bad (Not covered) $2,000

Even though I feel less than confident holding on to our truck, I think if buying new along with a good relationship with dealer, you'll be fine.

OP
OP
pfennig_san

pfennig_san

Reaction score
It is normal to see a 2015-2016 Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon for sale with 50K miles on them..Rental cars are put up for sale between 40-50K miles.

I am told by Enterprise the Tahoe and Suburban are then most sought after vehicles to rent..Most rent the Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon for long trips like I did before buying one..All my 2015 and 2016 Tahoe and Suburban rentals had over 40K miles and some were less then a year old..Some of those for sale are bank repossessed also.

BTW I could not find anything wrong with any of my rental Tahoe or Suburban.

The rental companies make a fortune on them too, charging well over $100 a day around here and, as you said, they are in high demand and stay rented. Then after 6 months to a year they sell them for about 10-15K less than sticker. If they can rent one out 300 days a year, thats 30K in rental fees! I think you could rent 2 30K cars cheaper than 1 60K Tahoe or Yukon.

Last edited:

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
57k on our 15 yukon XL SLT and we are debating whether or not to dump $$ into it or take a hit and unload it. Unfortunately, the used market seems to be flooded with 15+ yukons/tahoes/escalades.

-buffeting/vibrations (have been able to resolve these issues myself for the time being)...Make sure you test drive vehicle multiple times under many conditions!

-Oil leak (repaired under warranty)
-Tranny line leaks (not covered) $900
-Steering wheel shaft issues (not covered) $950
-Rear ring and pinion replaced at 35k and is making noise again (warranty)
-front ring and pinion is singing and needs replaced (warranty)
-adjustable pedals suddenly stopped working last week (not covered) ??? still researching -this issue.
-supposedly both upper and lower control arms are bad (Not covered) $2,000

Even though I feel less than confident holding on to our truck, I think if buying new along with a good relationship with dealer, you'll be fine.

What were the symptoms of your steering wheel shaft issue. We feel slip in our steering wheel. Almost like play in a splined shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically a pop clicking feel when turning at low speeds. The wheel does feel like it slips or is off track or something. From everything I've researched, there is a bulletin on it and involves replacing a sleeve, bearing race, and spring. I'm 90% certain this is our issue and may attempt to fix it vs paying almost $400 At dealer. However my dealer thinks they should replace the entire column at almost $1,000.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/5836/upper-ste...he-steering-wheel-2015-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite