HID upgrades, who's done them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pb82Ronin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, long story short, I put HIDs in the Tahoe. They were great and we both loved them. However, they only lasted about 6 months before the metal connectors on the ballasts rusted out and rendered the whole unit dead. I want to go back to them, but I'm not eager to throw away 200 bucks like I did last time.

My query to the community. What HID kits have been run successfully for more than a year? What kits are still going strong? How much did you pay for them and where did you get them? Thanks in advance.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, long story short, I put HIDs in the Tahoe. They were great and we both loved them. However, they only lasted about 6 months before the metal connectors on the ballasts rusted out and rendered the whole unit dead. I want to go back to them, but I'm not eager to throw away 200 bucks like I did last time.

My query to the community. What HID kits have been run successfully for more than a year? What kits are still going strong? How much did you pay for them and where did you get them? Thanks in advance.
Hello. I got my hid lights and leds from vanquishauto
Really like the brightness and quality they provided to me. I have 55w hid conversion kit fro my 2015 Yukon and cannot expect anything else since I already got what I was looking for! Brightness and quality. I will recommend you to contact vanquishauto for more details about the right setup your car needs.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use some dielectric grease on the connections next time it helped mine from rusting.

I have some retro projector headlights with morimoto hids and they worked great. The only reason i took them out was because i didnt like the projector light pattern so i went back to oem headlights and i put in leds instead.

http://www.morimotohid.com

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use some dielectric grease on the connections next time it helped mine from rusting.

I have some retro projector headlights with morimoto hids and they worked great. The only reason i took them out was because i didnt like the projector light pattern so i went back to oem headlights and i put in leds instead.

http://www.morimotohid.com
Yes that's one thing vanquishauto hids don't have , their lights are perfect for the projector lights, the cutoff you get with their hids is amazing. I previously had an acura and it came with projectors from factory, I then usege morimoto hids and it was not good, so I bought the lights from eBay for about $145 the kit and it was perfect , no more issues.
Then I found vanquishauto in the forums so I decide to give their lights a try and that was the best I could ever do for my car, will recommend their products to anyone.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good to hear, i just went by what i knew. Oh i also used ddm hids in my old truck. They are way cheaper but i always seem to have to replace them 1 or 2 times a year (bulb)

OP
OP
P

Pb82Ronin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmph...this troubles me. I've had HIDs in my mustang for over 10 years. They have NEVER needed dielectric grease and they still work to this day.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

http://www.moriotohid.com
I found online a company that just do custom retrofit headlights, i think they do all cars per what i saw in their site. I think it is very helpful for anyone that really wants to upgrade their headlights to a retrofit custom items.

Here is the link http://www.hidretrofitkit.com

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just get rid of the HID's and switch to LED's. If my Escalade didn't already have HID projectors I'd be running LED's

OP
OP
P

Pb82Ronin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think LEDs look as good as HIDs. Thats my opinion anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon