New BFC retrofit headlamps installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember I told you all that I would be installing HIDs? Well, I did that today. I also took the liberty to install dual batteries. That was extremely difficult; but I got it done.

Believe it or not, when I got them in, the left headlamp had 2 tabs broken, as well as a crack in the housing at the rear. I spent all Saturday morning repairing it. For the rear crack, it was near the top. I simply put some Permatex weather sealant on it. For the tabs, I drilled 4 holes: 2 into the tab and 2 into a plastic part on the headlights with a 1/8" drill bit. I then put some tiny zip ties in them to give them structural support, then JB Welded them. After it was dry, I trimmed the excess away, and installed the headlamp (with much difficulty). Thankfully, it came out perfect, I think. I hope it won't hurt stability in the long run.

Here are pics of the new lights.

Before:

IMG_20170210_174101_zps1pkdxumf.jpg

IMG_20170209_081652_zpsfeuw2jdp.jpg

After:

IMG_20170211_190114_zpsdwihsnpt.jpg

IMG_20170211_190208_zpsixi2c0au.jpg

IMG_20170211_190159_zpsrjld0mft.jpg

IMG_20170211_190151_zpsvmeiav6r.jpg

IMG_20170211_190142_zps6xgdusej.jpg

The difference is stunning, to say the absolute least.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I retro'd mini d2s 4.0 in mine and they make a HUGE distance. I just wish the fxr were quicker to retro as I would like to have the width. Yours looks perfect. My roration is a littke off, but not bad enough for me to open them back up

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I retro'd mini d2s 4.0 in mine and they make a HUGE distance. I just wish the fxr were quicker to retro as I would like to have the width. Yours looks perfect. My roration is a littke off, but not bad enough for me to open them back up

Correct, my build has D2S 4.0s. I didn't want the 3.0s since, well, of course the 4.0s are out. Made more sense to get the latest.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, my build has D2S 4.0s. I didn't want the 3.0s since, well, of course the 4.0s are out. Made more sense to get the latest.
Correct. I have my 3.0's sitting here. I need to go ahead and post them for sale. If I didnt already have the led fogs, I would retrofit them there

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score

Correct. I have my 3.0's sitting here. I need to go ahead and post them for sale. If I didnt already have the led fogs, I would retrofit them there

C'mon dude, FXRs to difficult to put in these headlights but D2S 3.0s are easier in the fogs?! I'm just busting on you a little haha the FXRs aren't bad at all to fit in if anybody wants to try it. The 4.0s have great output and really good option. I thought about doing the matchbox in the fogs but didn't want the extra costs with all the parts for comparable output from those led fogs you sold me. I'm very pleased with my FXR retro and chromed led fogs.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon dude, FXRs to difficult to put in these headlights but D2S 3.0s are easier in the fogs?! I'm just busting on you a little haha the FXRs aren't bad at all to fit in if anybody wants to try it. The 4.0s have great output and really good option. I thought about doing the matchbox in the fogs but didn't want the extra costs with all the parts for comparable output from those led fogs you sold me. I'm very pleased with my FXR retro and chromed led fogs.
Lol. The headlights are more precise and if you get those wrong enough, you will hate yourself every night! If the fogs are wrong, at least you can wire them up an aux high beams!

mdhawk

Reaction score
Is the second battery needed for those? You got me interested. I love the output. They look great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the second battery needed for those? You got me interested. I love the output. They look great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the second battery has nothing to do with these. HOWEVER, that being said, it DOES give you an option to switch sides, just in case one stock light ouput harness doesn't work for whatever reason. If it doesn't, you can simply switch to the other stock light output harness on the other side of the truck, because you have batteries on either side (left or right). Your HID harness can get power from either side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy