Here is my straight axle build so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Tahoe has been a work in progress for the past two and a half years. I just got my engine swap completed last week and due to my divorce a paint job is not in the immediate future.
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

EMS Offroad did all the work. They did the high steer set up and the Dana 60 rear. they fabricated the rear bumper and tire carrier. And they also did the Vortec 5.3 conversion.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures of the engine bay?

Looks cool

Paint would be a huge difference....... but you that already :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine bay pictures.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.jpg
picture.php

the engine bay is pretty filthy from mudding the other day. I still have a lot of cleaning up to do.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Looks great. Wish I could source a rear bumper like that. Pics of the high steer?

OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys at Ems Offroad can make you a rear bumper just like mine. Here is a high steer and crossover steering picture.
picture.jpg

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Can't tell if that's a king pin high steer or ball joint. Shipping would suck bad forth embryo send me one lol..:(

OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a ball joint high pinion Dana 44.I only live 20 minutes away from their shop so needless to say shipping isn't an issue for me.

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to know more about this Build , Your bumpers sir Are RARE !

TJM bumpers I do believe , and they do not sell them anymore from what I can tell .
the 5.3 , how do you like it over the 5.7? any noticeable Pros and cons other than a few hp gains?

Also , from certain Angles it looks like you have a 14 bolt in the rear but one picture it looks like something else

OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Tahoe as a project from a guy out in Grand Junction Colorado and I had to undo a lot of rinky-**** things that were done. It came with a Dodge Dana 70 rear axle with drum brakes. I didn't want drum brakes so I had Ems Offroad replace the Dana 70 with a Dana 60 with factory disc brakes out of a 99 Ford E 350 van. They redid the crossover steering and replace the hi steer arms because the previous owner used the wrong high steer arms and he compensated with wheel spacers. I have no wheel spacers any more. My truck has been in the shop for the past year and a half and I was working out in North Dakota in the oil fields so I was unable to take pictures during the build.
The front bumper is made by TJM in Australia. The rear bumper is made by ems offroad in Danville Pennsylvania. the new engine has 100 horsepower more than my original engine.there is a huge difference between the two engines.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j