Here is my straight axle build so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
How do you like the Dana 44 steering wise. I hear its terrible that's really why I just wanna get a Dana 60 front

OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know more about this Build , Your bumpers sir Are RARE !

TJM bumpers I do believe , and they do not sell them anymore from what I can tell .
the 5.3 , how do you like it over the 5.7? any noticeable Pros and cons other than a few hp gains?

Also , from certain Angles it looks like you have a 14 bolt in the rear but one picture it looks like something else

The front bumper is a TJM bumper. The rear bumper was custom made by EMS Offroad in Danville Pennsylvania. The rear axle is a full floating Dana 60 with factory disc brakes. the 5.7 throttle body engine was rated at 200 horsepower from the factory and the 5.3 is rated at 300 horsepower. There is a big difference between those two engines. I was getting 14 miles to the gallon with my throttle body engine and I'm hoping to get 16 miles to the gallon with this new engine.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

How do you like the Dana 44 steering wise. I hear its terrible that's really why I just wanna get a Dana 60 front

The steering is awesome on this front axle. It drives like a brand new F350

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Drove a lifted f250 once steering was horrid. Was on a rancho lift tho. Can you take pics of full lock I might just go Dana 44..

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how much was the rear bumper?

and Gzes there is nothing wrong with a 44 front , cheaper to build and repair.

OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove a lifted f250 once steering was horrid. Was on a rancho lift tho. Can you take pics of full lock I might just go Dana 44..

I'm not sure what you mean taking pictures of full lock.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

how much was the rear bumper?

and Gzes there is nothing wrong with a 44 front , cheaper to build and repair.

I don't remember how much they charged me for the bumper and tire carrier but I think it might have been somewhere in the vicinity of 1200 dollars

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

not all Dana 44's are created equal either. This one came out of a 79 F 250

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Cool yea it looks good. Open knuckle so better turning yea 78-79 were best for both dana 60s n dana 44s. Yea I'm thinking I'm just gonna do a 44 but not yet. My funds are low..

OP
OP
rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool yea it looks good. Open knuckle so better turning yea 78-79 were best for both dana 60s n dana 44s. Yea I'm thinking I'm just gonna do a 44 but not yet. My funds are low..

I did my wifes 99 Tahoe the same way and I only paid $250 for the Dana 44 I used on her Tahoe

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Sweet rig! Nice work on the SAS. I like it. :)

I love the rear bumper too. Very nice..
Thanks.

I didn't do any of the work on the SAS. It was already converted when I bought it.I tried my best to keep it looking exactly how it was when I bought it. Crane High Clearance in Colorado supplied the high steer arms with the proper offset for the h2 rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14