Help! I can't decide.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am going to finish painting my suburban... the hood and front fenders were painted last winter now its time to do the rest of the truck.

I am having a hard time deciding if I should keep the door moldings or take them off. I'm torn between keeping them and removing them I don't want the side of the truck to look plain without them. I would love to photoshop it all color matched but my skills are lacking and I don't think it will do it any justice.

So should it stay or go??

DSCN0565.jpg
DSCN0582.jpg

The badging will be coming off and If I do remove them I have the color matched / chrome LTZ door handles from GM and the painted mirror caps from the DL-3 mirrors i just picked up. If anyone has this color with the molding off please post up would love to see it!

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think color match will look nice or remove them. That's just me though. Nice wheels BTW.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Color match the mirrors too if you decide to do that and the appliques if you haven't don't those already.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take em off - But im biased

Paint the front top bumper pad and get some Esky rear appliques.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take 'em off, do the chrome handles w/ painted surrounds, add the painted mirror caps and add the little GM square on the 07+ trucks to break up the door. jmho

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep em, paint em, color match mirrors and caps, chrome handles, done :)

Suburbinator

Reaction score
Take them off. It wont look plain because the NBS has that prominent crease running down the doors. I did this on my '02 and it looked nice.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color match them and call it done. Easier to replace them than hammer out a dent.

Sent from my DROIDX

Strobin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my attempt at a few things, removed molding, painted caps, painted door buckets with chrome handles, painted ends of running boards and painted plastic on front bumper

molding2.jpg

and here is a Burb I found on cardomain with the molding color matched

15569222_large.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo