Help! Both the Stabilitrak/Traction Control and ABS lights are lit up on my DIC!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $40 sensor ended up costing 300+? Daaaammm Felix u could of done the work yourself.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensor was $182 not $40... and yea I realize it would've been something I could've done myself but I'm in the middle of packing as i'm about to move so I really didn't have the time. There goes $300 down the drain that could've went to a BB Tune or towards a retrofit :(

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensor was $182 not $40... and yea I realize it would've been something I could've done myself but I'm in the middle of packing as i'm about to move so I really didn't have the time. There goes $300 down the drain that could've went to a BB Tune or towards a retrofit :(

Doh!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well it didn't get unplugged... The abs sensor/wire was split in half and hanging by a thread! $182 for the part itself before labor. It ended up costing $302 after labor at the stealership :(

You ought to make the tire shop foot the bill for that. They caused it.
You also could have spliced or soldered the wire back together and threw in some heat shrink.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I should've done that but the manager wouldn't own up to it that his shop caused it. We actually talked about how it could be spliced/soldered/heat shrieked back together but I honestly didn't want to ghetto-rig it. I'd rather have a brand new one as it was literally hanging by a thread anyways. Looking back at it I should've definitely tried to get the discount tire manager to foot the bill but I left without trying so I guess now its a little too late :(

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Felix I've seen those Sensors for 40 bucks. But knowing the STEALERSHIP they always Jack up their prices.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yea I should've done that but the manager wouldn't own up to it that his shop caused it. We actually talked about how it could be spliced/soldered/heat shrieked back together but I honestly didn't want to ghetto-rig it. I'd rather have a brand new one as it was literally hanging by a thread anyways. Looking back at it I should've definitely tried to get the discount tire manager to foot the bill but I left without trying so I guess now its a little too late :(

Yeah shit happens. Go back and vandalize their central shop air compressor to get even! :D

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Felix I've seen those Sensors for 40 bucks. But knowing the STEALERSHIP they always Jack up their prices.
The Audi stealership told my bro it would be a good idea (not that is was needed or anything) to align the tires on a 12 Q7 for $300!!!:jester:
Sometimes, I think dealerships hope that their customers are clueless.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The part was 182+tax at the stealership. Gmpartsdirect.com has it for 117 shipped. The issue was I wanted it fixed before we moved this upcoming Friday so I didn't want to wait all that time just to get it cheaper. I realize I just lost out on like $70 but I look at it as a pure convenience charge. The dealership is like a mile from my house and the guy I always deal with is awesome so I didn't mind giving them my business.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Yeah shit happens. Go back and vandalize their central shop air compressor to get even! :D

Haha great idea. Honestly if I was the manager and that happened at the store I was managing, I would've owned up to it.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ****** Felix. Glad it's all fixed but jeez at such a cost.

I'd go back to Discount Tire and explain the cost incurred from replacing damage they caused. Maybe threaten filing with BBB and/or contacting their corp office?

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't moving out of Colorado tomorrow and didn't have a screaming 14 month old to deal with I definitely would do exactly that macho! Unfortunately tomorrow is the last day ill be in this state so I'm not even gonna bother. Sucks to eat up a 300 cost though :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum