Hello all new guy here with a 2008 LTZ with a front strut issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruticus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys new guy here found this forum through a google search. I have a 2008 LTZ with a 5.3 Flex engine. I recently had an issue with my front struts took the truck in to the local pepboys in my area that I never had an issue with.

However after telling them I had a leak coming from the front struts, and I also asked them to do a tune up on my engine since she hit over 103,000 miles. They called me with a good price of about $1,400.00 with parts and labor. After I agreed to pay the price they called me back within the hour to say oh the front struts are electrical and you gotta special order these struts from GM so I said weird but ok.

The next day the assistant manager called me up to give me the price of the struts and tune up with labor he said $2,400.00 ! I almost fell out of my chair and then I asked what the price of just the struts and tune up will be he said $1,700.00. I told him I would call him back on my decision.

Is this guy trying to blow me out for money or is this guy being truthful ? Also if there are any better places to order my struts from I am all ears thanks in advance for the help!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rockauto.com and there is a 5% discount code in the vendor section.

you can order just the shock portion of the strut and have that installed, they run about $240 (each), you do not need to have the entire assembly replaced unless you have damage from a accident or something.

pep boys is not recommended

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why anyone would pay that. I bought my struts for 100 a piece and 3$ for the 2.2 ohm bypass resistor and changed them out in an hour.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hello guys new guy here found this forum through a google search. I have a 2008 LTZ with a 5.3 Flex engine. I recently had an issue with my front struts took the truck in to the local pepboys in my area that I never had an issue with.

However after telling them I had a leak coming from the front struts, and I also asked them to do a tune up on my engine since she hit over 103,000 miles. They called me with a good price of about $1,400.00 with parts and labor. After I agreed to pay the price they called me back within the hour to say oh the front struts are electrical and you gotta special order these struts from GM so I said weird but ok.

The next day the assistant manager called me up to give me the price of the struts and tune up with labor he said $2,400.00 ! I almost fell out of my chair and then I asked what the price of just the struts and tune up will be he said $1,700.00. I told him I would call him back on my decision.

Is this guy trying to blow me out for money or is this guy being truthful ? Also if there are any better places to order my struts from I am all ears thanks in advance for the help!

Check it out...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/14-ltz-front-struts-20k-miles.97337/

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check on amazon, I paid somewhere in the $300 range for mine like 3 years ago. I'm sure they have gotten cheaper. Call you dealer with your vin, ask them to price the shocks and get the part number. There are a few different numbers out there so I'd want to make sure I got the correct ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645