Heeellllppp!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yea everything else works just fine

Hmmm... I would be surprised if there were separate power feeds for the window and the gate, so I would venture a guess that your problem is localized right there in the gate somewhere. You said you disconnected the latch... Can you see /get to the wiring behind the bottons?

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i did and i checked for power and im getting power till the motor but whenever i press the button it shorts regardless if i the latch was connected or disconnected

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i am understanding this right, you press the button for the gate and blow a fuse, window button works no prob, no fuse blowing. You disconnected the latch from the wiring harness which means you have a connector floating around now but yet you still blow a fuse when you press the gate button?
From what i am understanding, there is power to the switch constantly (has to be if latch is disconnected then when you press the button the fuse blows) and when you press the button it momentarily (seconds) sends power to release the latch. If the latch is disconnected and you press the button for the gate and still blow a fuse im thinking yes a short but my money would be on the switch being bad. Is the rubber on the switch ripped? Or the handle banged up that water can get in? I would hook the latch back up, pull the switch out and disconnect it and use the remote to pop the gate(if you have that) and see what happens.
Correct me if im wrong please