Heeellllppp!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys i need help my liftgate isnt working i keep changing the fuse and it keeps blowing everything else on the door is working... as soon as i press the button i burn the darn fuse any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Guys i need help my liftgate isnt working i keep changing the fuse and it keeps blowing everything else on the door is working... as soon as i press the button i burn the darn fuse any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

If you're truly blowing the fuse immediately every time, then you have a dead short somewhere. Either in the wire or the winding of the motor. If you can get to the motor, disconnect it and then try the button. If the fuse still blows, your short is in the wire. If not, give the motor a closer look. Locked up or bad winding.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys i disconnected the latch and it still blew the fuse how can i find the short

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just the power lock my truck is an ls non powerd lift gate

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the lift gate supports. If one or both are bad that is a lot of strain on the motor and could blow the fuse. I had the same thing happen on my Highlander

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The long thing that has a button in the middle under the license plate the one that opens the whole gate and not just the glass / struts are working fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157