Have you painted your Denali Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
400grit
no adhesion promoter
primer
1000 grit
rustoleum semigloss black
3-4 coats
no clear
used VHT nite shade on the GMC (had it left over from the lights)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
??? No adhesion promoter or clear coat??? No looking for it to last long are ya? :think:

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mine

Matches Nice!

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

??? No adhesion promoter or clear coat??? No looking for it to last long are ya? :think:

+1 Not sure that I would use nightshades, I can tell yours doesn't match the body, not sayin it looks bad at all but I am picky about color match.....tho I may possibly try the duplicolor shadow on the grille and see how it looks.

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope. wasnt trying to match the paint. because we have alot of gravel trucks here, doesnt matter if you clear or not, rocks kill everything, fast. so i take it off every few moths, sand and respray. plan on a full paintjob in the future. whole truck will be shot with single stage flat black. besides grill has a nasty crack in it , so its junk. dont have mirror caps either.

Last edited:

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have a denali grill,(chevy) but i painted mine. Unfortunately the Colorado winter wasn't very kind to it. I will be redoing it this week. As everyone says, PREP PREP PREP. Take your time.

MSanchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know if you still interested in this mode, but here is my, I saw the guy doing it with light sanding and a wet sanding before painting.

DSC00174.jpg

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you still interested in this mode, but here is my, I saw the guy doing it with light sanding and a wet sanding before painting.

DSC00174.jpg

Thanks, That's what I want to do, I just can't decide whether to paint the honeycomb too or not.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the contrast that the silver honeycomb offers myself :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n