Hate my Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like she drove it through a creek and then sold it to you.
I bought it from a dealership, I just knew the person who had it. But yeah it’s been one thing after another........ literally.

OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't been here that long (though I have lurked for a long while) and that's exactly what I think. You can't unread things, whether they're true or not. And when you take volume into account it most likely burns into the subconscious. Hell, that's how advertising works.
I wish they were untrue for my sake. I’m so sick of GM after this. It’s sad because if you asked me what car I love most, it’s the Denali..... but they just aren’t made the way they used to be.

OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These days, I wouldn't put it past any company to hire a bunch of guys in Bangalore to post bad experiences on the forums for its competing vehicles.[/QUOTE

I’m here to post my experience and help others not make the same mistake..... sorry?

OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These days, I wouldn't put it past any company to hire a bunch of guys in Bangalore to post bad experiences on the forums for its competing vehicles.
Lmao are you guys serious?? Yes I have been dealing with this stupid truck for a few years now and it’s been one thing after another. I’m Fed up with it. If I wasn’t afraid of prison for fraud I’d roll it off a cliff. So yes I LITERALLY made a little membership JUST so I could warn others about my experience..... sorry??? I’m really up to something huh?

OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By chance, did you have an independent pre-purchase inspection done on the vehicle before you bought it?

You bought a car with 40,000 miles of mystery. You say it's been garage kept and serviced on time, but unless you were in possession of it the whole time you can't know for sure. Nor the workload it got when driven, which is a significant factor in buying used trucks.

Used vehicles cost a lot less, yes, but we also have to factor in the risk of not knowing their history.
Yes I’ve decided no more used vehicles for me

OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your experience with your Denali is unfortunate, I can't say I have shared anything close to your experience with my 2015 Yukon Denali XL. I can't help but to think there's more to the story here.

OP registered Monday, made 1 post (this one) on Monday, this thread has received a few comments, feedback, clarifying questions, etc. from our experienced members and zero reply or response from OP.

Maybe OP meant to register and post a review on consumer reports? Edmonds?

I've never once been on a car forum that was filled with so many posts that read as if they should be posted on consumer reports, Edmonds, or the like. How about asking the experienced forum for help, input, or guidance? No it's just a single post to ***** complain and roll out. Since when have car/truck enthusiast forums become the place for that?
Lmao are you guys serious?? I have been dealing with this stupid truck for a few years now and it’s been one thing after another. I’m Fed up with it. If I wasn’t afraid of prison for fraud I’d roll it off a cliff. So yes I LITERALLY made a little membership JUST so I could warn others about my experience..... sorry??? I’m really up to something suspicious huh? Car forum sites are for opinions, experiences, etc in regard to buying,selling, or maintenance of a vehicle. And more.

OP
OP
Atee G

Atee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck sounds like a ticking time bomb.. why are the catalytic converters bad? I assume it's from a stuck injector or engine related issue. I'd be concerned about having to replace the cam in an engine this new. It's sad GM won't lemon this truck. It obviously has issues..and sounds like the rear diff is going bad also..

The older trucks had none of these issues and I'm not sure why GM made the interiors nicer on the new trucks and quality control went to hell on everything else. Yukon Denalis are not cheap..you best bet is to get everything addressed under warranty and unload it asap even if taking a loss. It's only going to depreciate more with time..mayne having an extended warranty will sweeten the deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
You are so right! My older Yukon was perfect in every way almost. Never had any issues. I regret giving into these beautiful trucks every day I get into mine. The plan is to get as much fixed/prevented under my warranty and then trade in. I wouldn’t feel right selling this to an individual.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ma'am, never buy a first year model. I understand your frustration with it but consider that once all these things are fixed, you'll have or should have a relatively trouble free vehicle.

A great many of our wives would have a list that long too if we didn't keep after them! Some of our wives keep having tires go flat on them and the rims crack for no reason and then others like my wife would have taillights mysteriously break when they backed into trees! My bride also lamented the failure of our heated seats after she left a window down overnight and it rained inside the car, it was either the rain or all the sodas and juice cups that did them in! LOL

SMonaldo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Atee G:

What you fail to do here besides hating the vehicle is shaming the dealer. If this was a certified Pre-owned vehicle, then the dealer needs to be held responsible for their failure to pick up on these issues, because it sounds like the problems started immediately after you bought the vehicle. Find a new dealer next time......

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 1998 a 2004 and my wife drives a 2015 (tahoe, tahoe, suburban). I like her truck the least. Other than multiple factory recalls, it has been fine for 53,*** miles. But I still don't like the seats (they are shaped for an attractive 40something year old mom butt how surprising), the transmission is mushy (the other two have an 4l60E 4-speed which is an adequate amount of gears for anyone) and the 4 to 8 cylinder mode is way more annoying and choppy than my parents' 2010 Tahoe. It also has vacuum brakes even though I got the tow package my 2004 with tow package has hydroboost (clearly an effort to cheap out by GM). The fact that cross bars don't come on the roof rack for $61,000 is basically an insult.

I am also easily distracted and confused by all of the screens, and I locked the keys in it recently without touching anything. All of this being said we have had no problems with it and it is a very smooth ride I just don't really like it.

Sorry for your problems. Hopefully you have an extended warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsu31