Has GM fixed the buffeting and vibration issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of my deal was to trade it, this way they can continue to fix then sell to the next victim without a tainted title or service history. I’m taking a 18 Traverse premium.

I did drive another hoe but my ears are so messed up right now it’s hard to tell because everything hurts them. But I’m so disheartened over this experience I don’t want another Tahoe.

I truly think these trucks have horrible aerodynamics and poor engineering in the drive line. My truck felt like it wouldn’t go faster then 80 on the highway like it had a parachute dragging behind. Weird

Maybe get something that has the best resale (maybe not even a tahoe) and drive it straight to another dealer (ford, toyota etc). You'll lose $$$ but maybe its worth a few grand to get out of a chevy. Just a thought.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ that's odd about highway... as mine hauls down the highway..

Same here plus all my 2015 plus rentals had no issues with hauling down the highway.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's clearly something wrong with it if the dealer bought it back without having to enter arbitration. Really doesnt matter if our rigs have the same issue or not.

Phil25101

Reaction score
Maybe get something that has the best resale (maybe not even a tahoe) and drive it straight to another dealer (ford, toyota etc). You'll lose $$$ but maybe its worth a few grand to get out of a chevy. Just a thought.

Picking up a loaded 18’ Traverse premier today, sticker was 49k, financed 39k so I think I will be ok. Even if I hate it in six months. Lol

Phil25101

Reaction score

I know this thread kind of became about me. Sorry . I wish everyone with problems the best of luck resolving them. In my case being persistent and calm worked.

My new one!
It’s Awesome!
It’s Awesome!
It’s Awesome!
I keep telling myself. Lmao

7D79BA69-C84D-4B81-8A4A-CFA8F321B81E.jpeg 962904E0-E03C-4748-A4E7-A7B0D90C0E17.jpeg

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this thread kind of became about me. Sorry . I wish everyone with problems the best of luck resolving them. In my case being persistent and calm worked.

My new one!
It’s Awesome!
It’s Awesome!
It’s Awesome!

View attachment 186675 View attachment 186676

Hey man, I'm sure it drives great and its got way more cargo room than a tahoe! Enjoy it and then dump it when you're ready to move on.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

My new one!
It’s Awesome!
It’s Awesome!
It’s Awesome!

View attachment 186675 View attachment 186676

Wow, what a sad story. That Tahoe looked so nice and I bet that exhaust sounded amazing. Too bad GM engineering let you down. But I guess there is a decent ending, in that you have a more comfortable ride. If you don’t like this new car after a few months/years just get rid of it. Life is too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One think I don’t understand is this: I live in the Washington DC area and there must be a million Suburbans driving around the city every day, in black, as cabs/limos. How are these guys able to get through the day driving a buffeting machine? They literally drive all day long, around 33-40 MPH, right in the ear cracking zone. I don’t personally know any of these professional drivers but you got to think that if they had these issues, we would hear about it on some of these forums. Maybe I have just missed it.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One think I don’t understand is this: I live in the Washington DC area and there must be a million Suburbans driving around the city every day, in black, as cabs/limos. How are these guys able to get through the day driving a buffering machine? They literally drive all day long, around 33-40 MPH, right in the ear cracking zone. I don’t personally know any of these professional drivers but you got to think that if they had these issues, we would hear about it on some of these forums. Maybe I have just missed it.

for starters, half of them smoke so their windows are always open drowning out the buffeting. Secondly, they just dont care. It doesnt make most people sick, its just an annoyance. Like I've said before, I ask these guys if the buffeting (that I hear when they pick me up) bothers them and they say 'oh that? Nah, not so bad'. Same with the soccer moms that own the majority of the suburbans around me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts