Has GM fixed the buffeting and vibration issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jpcortese

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to go to Detroit for a one day business trip and on the plane I happened to sit next to a fellow that turned out was an engineer for GM. I asked him why GM has not found a fix for the vibration and buffeting issues on the Tahoe. He told me that he is not a part of that program but for what he hears from other engineers is that they are perplexed by these issues with some stating that a redesign may be the only solution and they are contemplating a request to management to move up the timetable for a redesign. The problem with that is that it becomes a budget issue so that may not happen. He stated that in the meantime they continue to look at a permanent fix. It seems that the bottom line is that there is no fix and they don't know what to do.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Yesterday I had to go to Detroit for a one day business trip and on the plane I happened to sit next to a fellow that turned out was an engineer for GM. I asked him why GM has not found a fix for the vibration and buffeting issues on the Tahoe. He told me that he is not a part of that program but for what he hears from other engineers is that they are perplexed by these issues with some stating that a redesign may be the only solution and they are contemplating a request to management to move up the timetable for a redesign. The problem with that is that it becomes a budget issue so that may not happen. He stated that in the meantime they continue to look at a permanent fix. It seems that the bottom line is that there is no fix and they don't know what to do.

wow

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup, exactly, as I suspected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's a pretty neat coincidence.

must be fun engineer water cooler chat around the "office"

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sucks to buy or wait for a redesign which will have problems that engineers didn’t plan on...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sucks to buy or wait for a redesign which will have problems that engineers didn’t plan on...

You're usually ok if you wait to buy AFTER the first model year of a major redesign. In this instance though, no dice. Problems persist.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had buffeting and vibration issues with the Z71 Suburban?

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One think I don’t understand is this: I live in the Washington DC area and there must be a million Suburbans driving around the city every day, in black, as cabs/limos. How are these guys able to get through the day driving a buffeting machine? They literally drive all day long, around 33-40 MPH, right in the ear cracking zone. I don’t personally know any of these professional drivers but you got to think that if they had these issues, we would hear about it on some of these forums. Maybe I have just missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have a Millon. I have 2 Million...
Everyone and their mothers got a Hoe or XL. Happy with smile... I don't understand it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan