Has GM fixed the buffeting and vibration issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of my deal was to trade it, this way they can continue to fix then sell to the next victim without a tainted title or service history. I’m taking a 18 Traverse premium.

I did drive another hoe but my ears are so messed up right now it’s hard to tell because everything hurts them. But I’m so disheartened over this experience I don’t want another Tahoe.

I truly think these trucks have horrible aerodynamics and poor engineering in the drive line. My truck felt like it wouldn’t go faster then 80 on the highway like it had a parachute dragging behind. Weird
Just a question ok... do you drive with the Radio off?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a question ok... do you drive with the Radio off?

While we await his response, where are you going with it? Do you really think the radio might have something to do with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we await his response, where are you going with it? Do you really think the radio might have something to do with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It goes something like this:

“These are big ***** American trucks. Turn up some nugent and stop being a baby!” :)

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does for me ... when radio is off. I hear all type of noises. I quickly turn the Radio on.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not just a noise...it's a sensation felt and to complicate things it seems that not all are affected. Do your ears pop or do you feel pressure when flying? Or do headphones block that too? That's essentially what people are dealing with. And yes there are rattles and maybe a even a howl from the buffeting but that's not the issue.

Last edited:

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's do a meet and drive different trucks...
J/K
✌I'm out!

Phil25101

Reaction score
Radio on
Radio off
Windows up
Windows down
No difference, the roof buffeting is a vibration which is being caused by another independent tone. Proven by ear plugs in ear plugs out. Before my roof was re-glued the sensation was back and forth pressure in my ears like a single rear window being open on the highway ( and you can not close the window) Ear plugs had no effect in Lessing the vibrations. Then once the roof was glued and unable to “oil canning” dealers words not mine, just the pressure was present....worst over uneven pavement and at lower speeds 5-12 mph. Then again at 45 and 74 mph area’s. It was like someone was pinching your eardrums. Ear plugs helped to remove that tone. That’s how I had to drive my truck until they took it back. I believe the tone is in the rear drive line, either ring and pinion, pinion angle in drive shaft or anonther ghost. They told me they will continue to fix it, and then put it out for sale once resolved. So now I’m driving the 18 Traverse and getting my balls broke by my buddies. But to be honest, I like it even better ! It has more interior room, loaded Premier option level and feels so much lighter to drive down the road then that heavy lemon

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio on
Radio off
Windows up
Windows down
No difference, the roof buffeting is a vibration which is being caused by another independent tone. Proven by ear plugs in ear plugs out. Before my roof was re-glued the sensation was back and forth pressure in my ears like a single rear window being open on the highway ( and you can not close the window) Ear plugs had no effect in Lessing the vibrations. Then once the roof was glued and unable to “oil canning” dealers words not mine, just the pressure was present....worst over uneven pavement and at lower speeds 5-12 mph. Then again at 45 and 74 mph area’s. It was like someone was pinching your eardrums. Ear plugs helped to remove that tone. That’s how I had to drive my truck until they took it back. I believe the tone is in the rear drive line, either ring and pinion, pinion angle in drive shaft or anonther ghost. They told me they will continue to fix it, and then put it out for sale once resolved. So now I’m driving the 18 Traverse and getting my balls broke by my buddies. But to be honest, I like it even better ! It has more interior room, loaded Premier option level and feels so much lighter to drive down the road then that heavy lemon
Is there a difference if the truck is 4x4 versus 4x2 since the drive lines are different? Is the booming/vibration more prevelant in one drive train versus the other?

Phil25101

Reaction score
Is there a difference if the truck is 4x4 versus 4x2 since the drive lines are different? Is the booming/vibration more prevelant in one drive train versus the other?
I do not know due to I never put my in 4x4. But I have read in previous posts here others have had the problem in both and had both ring and pinions changed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne