Grinding noise from throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warndogg

Reaction score
So this is a long post, but it started with the reduced engine power/ stability system disabled warning on the dash- (code was for throttle position sensor).

So I replaced the throttle body and it seemed to go away for a few months. Then it came back, so the gas pedal assembly was replaced. I disconnected the battery. Let it sit for a good hour, reconnected batt. Now its worse. When key is turned to on position there is a grinding sound coming from the new throttle body. This can't be normal. I thought it was maybe part of the re-learn? But then I get the reduced engine power immediately on start up.
Also I have checked ground at firewall, frame, and engine block. And all other wires look good. Any one else have this noise from TB after replacing?
2006 yukon denali 6.0

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go OEM or aftermarket? The noise is not normal either. The only noise you will hear is a gear noise when actuated by hand, but it's a quiet, linear, noise

OP
OP
warndogg

warndogg

Reaction score
Installed new TB today no codes on test drive!, time will tell. Rockauto sent a new Hitatchi out only was out 8 bucks return shipping.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Installed new TB today no codes on test drive!, time will tell. Rockauto sent a new Hitatchi out only was out 8 bucks return shipping.
So, warranty charge cost you $8. Have not had to warranty anything with RA.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, warranty charge cost you $8. Have not had to warranty anything withRA.
warranty covers the part, not shipping cost I am fortunate enough that the west coast warehouse is only about an hour from me so usually shipping is pretty cheap
and RA just deducts any core or return shipping cost out of what you paid for the part or core and refunds you the remainder.
it's just like "most" things that have a warranty. if you buy a water pump the part has warranty, that warranty does not include labor cost to R&R
per there website:

• Warranties offer only replacement of the defective part with another part: no cash refunds and no reimbursement of labor costs, shipping costs or other expenses.
if you buy certain things from certain places they will include parts & labor, like powertrain products warranty for a transmission will include parts & labor (albeit) there warranty only covers up to a set $$ labor rate which is usually pretty low.
other places like advanced auto will cover parts & labor if you have the part installed by one of there designated shops.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo