Got some questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got some questions but before I get started, let me give you a little background on my truck. It's a fully optioned 2000 GMC Yukon w/ autoride that I've owned since '07. Current suspension setup is a DJM 2/3 w/ keys/coils and modified autoride sitting over 275/45/20 tires. I've had it like this since 10/2007 w/ little problems. Current fenderlip to ground measurements are ~32.25"F/~34.25"R. I'd like to bring the front down another 2" and the rear another 3.5". I've been lurking around, trying to gather info and my thinking is drop spindles up front and the tb lowering springs in the rear w/ air assist bags will get me where I want. For the front I plan on cutting off the bumpstop mount and installing a pancake bumpstop and I plan to do the free travel mod, relocated lower links, shorter sway bar mounts and adj panhard bar in the rear. All this to get to my question, I really love the automatic load leveling. Is it possible to re-route the compressor lines from the shock to the air assist or "tow" bags and will that be functional with modified autoride links. Also, my front shocks work quite well at this point and will it be necessary to replace them once I install a lowering spindle?

Any help is greatly appreciated guys and gals. Also, if anyone has additional info on this setup or parts I may have overlooked, feel free to contribute. I will try to get pics of my truck up in the next day or two also.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Here are the pics. They're a little old, from 2007, right after I did most of the work. The only difference now is no front window tint and I took out the hitch ball.

Picture249a.jpg

Picture251a.jpg

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's only been a day, but I was hoping someone could offer some advice or opinions. Any thoughts on ride quality or switching to drop arms and stock keys or drop arms and drop keys?

I realized I didn't specify an intended rear shock. I'm thinking of going with a pair of Bilsteins.

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ca's if it's 4wd, spindles if it's 2wd, u can keep ur front shocks with a spindle drop it'll just move the hub mount up 2". On the rear tb springs will work, as far as the compressor idea goes anything is possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon DRL