GM Repurchased 2nd 2015 Denali--Be Cautious of 2015s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the OP, I have been keeping an eye out. Seems like most are good, some are bad. Here's link to another forum where people as recent as this week are still having this issue(s). Personally, I would hold off until the 16's come out. Won't be much longer and perhaps they figured it out the source. Hope so.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/page-66

How soon is it noticed. Would a good test drive let you know right away

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not notice right away. You need a very thorough drive. Take it for a day. I thought the second Denali was absolutely perfect...and I knew exactly what to look for (speed @35-45). That's why I took delivery...it was great. The first 150 miles or so were perfect. Around 250, the thumping and pressure was felt again. Can't understand what triggered it. Neither could anyone from the GM team. I was told "many eyes" were on my vehicle during its production and it was still repurchased.

Perhaps there is a used one on the lot with some decent miles on it. Take it for a drive at the speeds I listed at the original post and try to replicate...if you don't "feel" anything, perhaps that will give you some peace of mind that the one you like may be just fine for you and your family. I know they are not all bad. You either have a good one, or you don't. Just be sure to test drive the heck out of it.

If you do notice anything it will start at 38mph and be most noticeable around 42-44mph. Keep it there for a few minutes. All windows up, radio down. After wasting tons of time looking at other forums and chatting with other owners with the problem, this is the general consensus of the speed with most noticeable ear pressure and buffeting. Go back to the link I sent...60 plus pages of people trying to deal with this problem affecting some vehicles. I just wish I got a good one...hope you get one.

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sis this problem isolated to the long versions or the short versionstoo?

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I'm going to react a slt or Tahoe short body tomorrow for 2 days and see what people are talking about. I had a rental before but didn't notice anything

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sis this problem isolated to the long versions or the short versionstoo?

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I'm going to react a slt or Tahoe short body tomorrow for 2 days and see what people are talking about. I had a rental before but didn't notice anything

I think both. Mine was a short body Denali. Like I said, most are going to be just fine. Yours will probably be great. Either way, you really want to focus on 43 mph. That's the exact speed. Good luck.

Man, I really want to hate these trucks after my experience. I just love the look of them and the technology is really great. My dumbass will probably buy a 2016 Escalade. Third time may be charm?...

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think both. Mine was a short body Denali. Like I said, most are going to be just fine. Yours will probably be great. Either way, you really want to focus on 43 mph. That's the exact speed. Good luck.

Man, I really want to hate these trucks after my experience. I just love the look of them and the technology is really great. My dumbass will probably buy a 2016 Escalade. Third time may be charm?...

So you've got rid of yours

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Someone posted this on the other site today
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/page-67

Looks like it might be the fix

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my 2010 denali!
whats interesting in texas is these vehicles really hold their value bc the last design was pretty good and the new ones cost 65-80K so people really do search out the older denials!

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skippy,
I buy strictly brand new. For my vehicle purchases, the fart smell in the seats belongs to me, and not someone else.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Jason,
From a truck guy.....
Maybe this SUV just isn't for you, and your head is trying to pound the message home.
Before you buy another one, test drive the redesigned Ford king ranch F-150 with the vista roof. Unreal.
Possibly the new Duramax HD Denali.
For me, it'll be the redesigned 2017 Ford Super Duty Platinum PSD. All of the luxury, and more utility along with a mountain of power and torque. A set of aftermarket 22" wheels, and tires, and it's the ultimate head turner, along with a lot more interior room and comfort.
These big SUV trucks are very nice, but the new generation loaded up pick ups are coming through with the high end options usually only available to the luxury SUVs, and are now a step above IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skippy,
I buy strictly brand new. For my vehicle purchases, the fart smell in the seats belongs to me, and not someone else.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Jason,
From a truck guy.....
Maybe this SUV just isn't for you, and your head is trying to pound the message home.
Before you buy another one, test drive the redesigned Ford king ranch F-150 with the vista roof. Unreal.
Possibly the new Duramax HD Denali.
For me, it'll be the redesigned 2017 Ford Super Duty Platinum PSD. All of the luxury, and more utility along with a mountain of power and torque. A set of aftermarket 22" wheels, and tires, and it's the ultimate head turner, along with a lot more interior room and comfort.
These big SUV trucks are very nice, but the new generation loaded up pick ups are coming through with the high end options usually only available to the luxury SUVs, and are now a step above IMO.

You are probably right...I should take the true signs from my head and not my heart (being a GM guy forever). I will take a look at some Fords, George. Hope you are well.

ironrenegade21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How pronounced is this issue? My wife mostly drives our 2015 yukon and hasnt complained about it at all. Sometimes when i drive it i think i faintly notice something but am not sure if its really there or im just being paranoid. If our yukon is affected by this is this something that will be glaringly obvious?

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason, I had the same issue with my July build Yukon SLE with the booming sensation. After 4 new tires, the roof service bulletin, new shocks, new wheels, and finally the replacement of the front and rear Ring and Pinion, along with the transfer case, NO MORE BOOMING sensation! I've now driven 10,000 miles, its the best vehicle I've never owned. To bad your dealer didn't find the info on the Ring and Pinion replacement, you could still be in your 2015....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe