GM is buying back my Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 5 Tahoe's over the last 12 years, now have a 2014 Yukon and am very pleased with it no problems at all. One Tahoe had a bad font wheel bearing. Only replaced tires on some to put Michelins on. Present on put LED headlight bulbs in, lighting original was poor. The best one was made in Mexico and is still going excellent with over 3k on it

yukon0397

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My problem with it is for what they cost, they shouldn't have the engineering flaws that would be somewhat expected on a first year design of an SUV of half the price point. If someone pays a premium for a vehicle, they should get premium engineering.
I agree with you 100%.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 5 Tahoe's over the last 12 years, now have a 2014 Yukon and am very pleased with it no problems at all. One Tahoe had a bad font wheel bearing. Only replaced tires on some to put Michelins on. Present on put LED headlight bulbs in, lighting original was poor. The best one was made in Mexico and is still going excellent with over 3k on it

so true and I said the same with our previous Tahoe and other GM Suvs. The new trucks (2015+) have major unacceptable issues that are way too widespread.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"we have owned 6 GM cars and now 3 have been bought back by GM"

I've owned plenty of cars and none have had that many problems and you had 3 that had to be returned. Something is fishy here. In your world you have/had a 50/50 chance of getting a lemon with a GM.

I think the GM products that are the subject of this forum are well engineered, attractive and purposeful vehicles. The negatives of buffeting, buyback posts etc. is distracting and very well could be an attempt by disingenuous entities to smear the brand and potential resale.

Buybacks, lemon discussion and similar should have their own forum. I participate on a number of forums out there and the amount of shill advertising is both increasing and creative.

Tell me you're not suggesting this is a giant (and illegal) conspiracy theory/campaign to malign GM by its competitors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buybacks end up back at certain dealers lots discounted usually 3k under what a normal car would be.

If you see a car for 2-4 grand less than what they are and they won't certify them..... they are usually buy backs. They will tell you up front. The is a Lincoln dealer in Atlanta I went through with on this.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we have been lucky. We have had two bad vehicles from GM in our 47 years of marriage. The first was a 1974 Grand Prix that we put 6 alternators in. We paid for only one alternator, the last one, over three 48 months. The second was a 1978 Monte Carlo that died all the time. We traded it back to the dealer after six months. All the rest have been really great vehicles, mostly trucks, suburbans and Tahoes. We now have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid and a 2015 Silverado Double Cab 4X4. Both have been great vehicles although we have spent a little more in repairs on the Tahoe than I think I should. That was because we followed the recommended oil change schedule instead of my usual 3,000 mile oil change interval. I will be 70 in August so the truck may be my last vehicle to buy. We may buy the wife a new or low mileage unit in a couple of years, though. BTW, I got a little over $13,000 off sticker on the Silverado in July. It was a left over two model year (almost) unit so I got a really good deal and got the 100,000 mile warranty that the 2015s had. I was/am happy. Bought it in OKC.

BluVelvet2xHo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have to admit this is some discouraging things to read about these new models. I've had many new & used GM cars & trucks through the years & been pretty pleased with all of them - even the used ones. We've had 96, 99, 05 & 08 Tahoes, 87, 89, 90 454SS, 01 EC, 07 CC Silverados, 95 & 96 Impala SS and liked them all. 99 would not start on my wife every half year or so & I discovered the battery bolt kept coming loose - put an 8mm wrench in the glovebox & showed her how to fix it herself. The 05 PPV Tahoe has been the highest mileage & had some PITA repairs but nothing extremely expensive just labor intensive (wheel bearings, fuel pump, hvac diverters). I must say that I take over repairs once they're out of warranty to keep costs down. Had an 06 Charger that got sold the second time it died for no reason "while driving" but restarted - I expected an eventual wiring nightmare coming.

We just ordered/purchased this 2017 Tahoe LT 2WD & love it - hope it holds up much better than some on here. I will admit this is the first time I've ever purchased an extended warranty just because of the electronics in this monster.

Good luck to you all.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to admit this is some discouraging things to read about these new models. I've had many new & used GM cars & trucks through the years & been pretty pleased with all of them - even the used ones. We've had 96, 99, 05 & 08 Tahoes, 87, 89, 90 454SS, 01 EC, 07 CC Silverados, 95 & 96 Impala SS and liked them all. 99 would not start on my wife every half year or so & I discovered the battery bolt kept coming loose - put an 8mm wrench in the glovebox & showed her how to fix it herself. The 05 PPV Tahoe has been the highest mileage & had some PITA repairs but nothing extremely expensive just labor intensive (wheel bearings, fuel pump, hvac diverters). I must say that I take over repairs once they're out of warranty to keep costs down. Had an 06 Charger that got sold the second time it died for no reason "while driving" but restarted - I expected an eventual wiring nightmare coming.

We just ordered/purchased this 2017 Tahoe LT 2WD & love it - hope it holds up much better than some on here. I will admit this is the first time I've ever purchased an extended warranty just because of the electronics in this monster.

Good luck to you all.

What kind of mileage have you been getting with the 2WD?

BluVelvet2xHo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's really too new to tell yet. Only has about 500 miles. My past experience has been that I don't start getting the better mileage until after 2000+ miles. It's supposed to get slightly better but only 1-2 IIRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645