GM is buying back my Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ashley

Ashley

Reaction score
It's very disappointing to hear gm has bought back 3 of your vehicles. Ive always a dodge fan. Had 2 of them before my 2006 denali and they never let me down. They weren't without issue as no used car truly is but both were solid. I was pretty hesitant to go with gm when I bought my 2006 just because I'd never had one before. But in the 2 years I've had it, it's been a very reliable truck. Not without issues, but the issues I've had I'd expect given the amount of miles my truck has. It's never left me stranded anywhere and never had a problem that wasn't fairly standard to fix and get my truck back into commission quickly. So I'm pretty set with gm trucks now. But again very disappointing to see so many issues with the new gm platforms. I like the idea of looking for a gmt900 platform in good condition. I have many clients here that I deal for with that platform and from what I've seen they haven't had major issues. So might be something to look into for you. I see a few for sale at a time here in cali so I'd think you could find one if you know how to shop. Good luck!

My husband loves Dodge he's on his 2nd new Dodge Challenger. He just doesn't fit in the Durango very well. It's not very wide so I feel like our arms would always be rubbing.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ashley , yeah Th durangos are not very wide. The newer ones are pretty nice but not that much wider than the 2001 limited model I had. I went from my 2001 Durango to my 2006 Denali. Big jump in space.

yukon0397

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"we have owned 6 GM cars and now 3 have been bought back by GM"

I've owned plenty of cars and none have had that many problems and you had 3 that had to be returned. Something is fishy here. In your world you have/had a 50/50 chance of getting a lemon with a GM.

I think the GM products that are the subject of this forum are well engineered, attractive and purposeful vehicles. The negatives of buffeting, buyback posts etc. is distracting and very well could be an attempt by disingenuous entities to smear the brand and potential resale.

Buybacks, lemon discussion and similar should have their own forum. I participate on a number of forums out there and the amount of shill advertising is both increasing and creative.

"attempt by disingenuous entities to smear the brand"
This is a forum for owners of GM products, there is a large number of owners that have a buffeting problem ,maybe its the product GM is selling and not disingenuous entities. Your truck may be well engineered but a lot of them are not.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"attempt by disingenuous entities to smear the brand"
This is a forum for owners of GM products, there is a large number of owners that have a buffeting problem ,maybe its the product GM is selling and not disingenuous entities. Your truck may be well engineered but a lot of them are not.

My problem with it is for what they cost, they shouldn't have the engineering flaws that would be somewhat expected on a first year design of an SUV of half the price point. If someone pays a premium for a vehicle, they should get premium engineering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518