GM Fault injured my child

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plastic chrome handle is peeling on our Honda!!!! Not my GM truck! It happens to all. I think it's all the lotion and shit my wife puts on her hands.

Nah it's just the chrome not adhering to the plastic.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed... The chrome has to have a place to start pealing, so if there is a ridge or a sharp casting it will start from there, if you bump it enough times with your honkin huge diamond ring, it will start from there.

One thing I noticed is some upper end GM cars use metal door handles, My dad's Buick LaCrosse for example uses a chrome metal handle on the inside rather than the cheap plastic.

sdshack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That was one of the best first posts I've ever read on any forum. The thought of the OP taking his child to the ER for a slightly cut finger really amuses me.

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread as my 16 yr old daughter cut her finger on the passenger door handle just last week. I found this thread and contacted a local Chevy dealer and they said they will replace them as per the TSB. They asked which ones and so far its only the front but I'd like the rear doors done as well. They said the will evaluate it. Waiting on the parts to come in now.

Even though I am the second owner of my 2007 Tahoe they sounded like they will replace them. He asked if I ever purchased any vehicles from them I said no but I like my Tahoe very much and when I go to replace this one I'd be more inclined to go there if all goes well.

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
At what point does the owner of the vehicle OWN his vehicle? It's your truck now, fix it. There is a warranty in place for a reasonable amount of time, anything the manufacturer does to help beyond that point is gracious. They didn't have to offer handle replacement at all. They certainly are NOT required to replace them at this point.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread as my 16 yr old daughter cut her finger on the passenger door handle just last week. I found this thread and contacted a local Chevy dealer and they said they will replace them as per the TSB. They asked which ones and so far its only the front but I'd like the rear doors done as well. They said the will evaluate it. Waiting on the parts to come in now.

Even though I am the second owner of my 2007 Tahoe they sounded like they will replace them. He asked if I ever purchased any vehicles from them I said no but I like my Tahoe very much and when I go to replace this one I'd be more inclined to go there if all goes well.

If by chance they do not do the rear door handles, I made a writeup on how to fix them... The handles are cheap, and once you do the first one the second one will only take you 20 min or so to do. It is pretty easy honestly... But I have done 4 handles... The Front and rear door handle pulls are the same...

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
If by chance they do not do the rear door handles, I made a writeup on how to fix them... The handles are cheap, and once you do the first one the second one will only take you 20 min or so to do. It is pretty easy honestly... But I have done 4 handles... The Front and rear door handle pulls are the same...

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I thought of peeling it some lol so they do it.

DjJayFrree

DJ to the Stars
Reaction score

I'm going to make an apointment for mine at some point thanks for the info about it being a TSB!

joshuaryan

Reaction score
My wife sliced her finger open the other day on our Yukon but I didn't really think anything of it as far as being a TSB. Anyone have good luck getting these replaced after 100k? Mine just rolled over 100k last month. 2009 GMC yukon Denali xl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076