G4 LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I guess they needed an excuse to update them. I'll either be buying these or your set if you ever want to sell them.

Soph -- Let's talk next week. Merry Christmas to you et al.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
The reason they would have moved it would to have it look more like the Escalade ones. The Escalade has the reflector going up the side like that.

These are the Escalade lights
BgTi3lgmkKGrHqIH-EQEsKzFdm7kBLEwM3I.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The G4's are newer and resemble Esky's more. But, they don't curve like the Esky lights and all LED's illuminate softly at night, rather than 1 row like on the Escalade.

But the closest would be the G4.

tgt624824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sophomore -

That makes sense, thanks for the info.

G3:
03-CD07TLEDG3-1.jpg

G4 (notice reflector like Esky):
03-CD07TLEDG4.jpg

OEM Esky Tails:
BgTi3lgmkKGrHqIH-EQEsKzFdm7kBLEwM3I.jpg

007fl

Reaction score
I'll have to check mine. If that's the only diff, then that seems goofy. I mean, why would you really want the reflector there anyway?

It's difficult to see the difference in these photos but it is possible they changed it to make it legal. You must have a certain amount of reflector vsible from behind the car even without the lights on to be DOT Approved.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the G4s have the little strip of 3 led lights on the side like the escalade? the ones that light up at night. anyone know what im talking about? ha

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the G4s have the little strip of 3 led lights on the side like the escalade? the ones that light up at night. anyone know what im talking about? ha

I'll let you know when mine come in this week. :D

kses123

kses123
Reaction score

No,they all light up at once. Not like the Escalade. I have these tails. I like the way they look, but hate how they function sometimes. When you press the brakes they light up fine. But when you press the brakes and turn the turn signal on, the mirror flasher and the tail light start flashing opposite of one another. It looks so stupid. But when you take your foot off the brake, the signal and tail light will blink at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo