G4 LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much set on buying the LED tails, probably within a week or two, but now I've been noticing some G4's for sale.

Does anyone know the updates/changes made in the G4's?

Also, is it possible to wire these lights where, at night, only 1 row of LED's light up when not in use? This is just like the Escalade's.

tgt624824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious on this as well. Anyone? They look the same as G3's....

Thanks,
tgt

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I asked a seller on eBay. The reflective marker has been moved to the side of the LED panel.

03-CD07TLEDG4.jpg

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked a seller on eBay. The reflective marker has been moved to the side of the LED panel.

03-CD07TLEDG4.jpg

What do you mean? I'm not following what has moved where. They look the same to me.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since you have the G3's you could confirm if this is right - the seller said the reflector moved to the circled area. So on the G3's, are the reflectors in the same spot as the ones circled below?

g4.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Here's the seller's quoted reply. I think maybe he means this update only applies to the black or chrome models, and the red hasn't changed.

Thank you for your inquiry, basically for the red color, the difference is hard to notice, but different colors, like chrome or black, you'll find that G4's the red reflector is not on the LEDs, but on the side, and the G3's are on LEDs.

a7mad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im also interested in the one row thing to get the esky's look

any update on that?

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't know about the 1-row thing, somebody would have to play with the wires on their set.

But the ones I just showed were $166 + shipping on eBay.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you have the G3's you could confirm if this is right - the seller said the reflector moved to the circled area. So on the G3's, are the reflectors in the same spot as the ones circled below?

g4.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Here's the seller's quoted reply. I think maybe he means this update only applies to the black or chrome models, and the red hasn't changed.

I'll have to check mine. If that's the only diff, then that seems goofy. I mean, why would you really want the reflector there anyway?

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha I guess they needed an excuse to update them. I'll either be buying these or your set if you ever want to sell them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz